Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2016 Presidential Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2016 Presidential Race

This topic contains 307 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by rus rus 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 308 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Five Things That Would Indicate A John Kasich White House Bid

December 12, 2012 — 2:48 pm

By: MIKE THOMPSON

We know, we know, President Obama has not even taken the oath for his second term and we’re already speculating on who will run to succeed him in 2016. But it’s fun! And you know the potential candidates are at least thinking about it or secretly planning it.

Governor John Kasich has been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate. Of course he must win re-election as governor first, but here are five things that would indicate Kasich is laying the groundwork for a White House run.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/columbusontherecord/five-things-that-would-indicate-a-john-kasich-white-house-bid/

joev
    Participant

Hahahahahahahahhaa!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Is it bc of Obama’s poor performance that people are already speculating on 2016 candidates I wonder.

Hilary (vomits in mouth), Kasich, etc.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Is it bc of Obama’s poor performance that people are already speculating on 2016 candidates I wonder.

Hilary (vomits in mouth), Kasich, etc.

Weird, isn’t it? It’s like they don’t actually care about policy, just that their team wins. Obama won but can’t run again, so they no longer care about him.

More about hating the other guy than being for anything?

joev
    Participant

If Kasich runs, he’ll be the Newt Gingrich of 2016. Huge, brittle ego – claims of ideas, but no substance.

He wouldn’t even win the primary in Ohio.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Snarf said:

No. It’s just media-driven speculation to fill the news cycle. There would be some amount of speculation regardless of who the president currently is.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    No. It’s just media-driven speculation to fill the news cycle. There would be some amount of speculation regardless of who the president currently is.

Still seems odd. Syria is using sea mines[/url] against rebels in their civil war, government rules now permit the national counterterrorism center to keep files on americans even if they’re not suspected of links to terrorism and, if you prefer your news with a inane / crazy flair there’s the justin bieber murder / castration plot.

So, instead of that let’s speculate on an election four years away?

Schoolboy
    Participant

Regardless, I can’t see team R fixing their in house issues in time to run a smoother primary in 2016.

Palin will eventually run. When she does all hell will break loose within the party.

rustbelt
    Participant

Palin will eventually run

I seriously doubt it. She’s just smart enough to know what a losing primary or general election campaign will do to her book sales, reality shows, TV appearances, speaking fees, etc.

But, in the event she is not that smart, you’re correct – GOP civil war.

Schoolboy
    Participant

rustbelt said:
    Palin will eventually run

I seriously doubt it. She’s just smart enough to know what a losing primary or general election campaign will do to her book sales, reality shows, TV appearances, speaking fees, etc.

But, in the event she is not that smart, you’re correct – GOP civil war.

I agree… however… eventually she will become irrelevant enough to where she will have to do something crazy/stupid in the political world. Like run for president. I’m not sure if it will be in 3 years, or further down the road… but I do think it will happen.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rus said:
    So, instead of that let’s speculate on an election four years away?

Sounds like you have no trouble keeping up with all sorts of news. What’s the problem?

RedStorm
    Participant

Portman’s name has also been floated around as POTUS/VP candidate. However, both men will be old (I think 60+??) and don’t help the GOP’s image problem of old, white men. I’d look for Marco Rubio and potentially Bobby Jindal.

Pablo
    Participant

Race for White House Wide Open After Hillary Leaves Office in 2024

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The race for the White House will most likely be “wide open” after Hillary Clinton serves her two terms as President, experts agree.
    “What happens in 2024 is anyone’s guess—and if anyone tells you differently, they’re lying,” says political science professor Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota. “The only thing we can say with any certainty is that Hillary Clinton will be elected President by a landslide in 2016 and reelected by an even bigger margin in 2020.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/12/race-for-white-house-wide-open-after-hillary-leaves-office-in-2024.html#ixzz2ExQ0ImLF

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    Sounds like you have no trouble keeping up with all sorts of news. What’s the problem?

Not so much problem as “ummm… wha?”.

Four years is a long time. The GOP could effectively dissolve as a party, or be reinvigorated if the current sprats among the dems get out of hand.

Lot of ground to cover before the 2016 election. Just seems premature to speculate now.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rus said:
    Just seems premature to speculate now.

Then pick a different thread. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: