Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

JobsOhio / Ohio Department of Development - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics JobsOhio / Ohio Department of Development – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 185 total)
  • Author

jimbach
    Participant

I thought Kasich was a pretty good member of Congress, but the things he’s saying now make me think he’s lost his mind. I realize of course that he’s simply playing to his base.

NDaEast
    Participant

Silly, silly proposal. Just what we need: a group of volunteers to head the state’s development effort.

SusanB
    Participant

This will allow all kinds of financial hanky panky without any legal oversight. Isn’t this the state agency in charge of all the HUD money and Tax Credit home building programs? That’s a lot of government money to be hidden from public view.

jackoh
    Participant

SusanB wrote >>
    This will allow all kinds of financial hanky panky without any legal oversight.

Wasn’t this modus operandi at Lehman Brothers?

Rockmastermike
    Participant

jackoh wrote >>

SusanB wrote >>
    This will allow all kinds of financial hanky panky without any legal oversight.

Wasn’t this modus operandi at Lehman Brothers?

bingo. Kasich seems to be very good at turning power into money and back again. I.e. leveraging his elected position to squeeze a paid appointment at OSU, using his position as an insider in state gov to get in at lehman brothers…. He appears, to my eyes, judging from the relationships he himself has discussed, to be VERY good at the old “pay to play” game. But that’s just my opinion from observation.

dashinhilliard
    Participant

YEAH – Kasich was solely reponsible for Lehman Bros……He brought the whole thing down….yeah….the Democrat Spinners are sooo right. Look, at this point, it can’t be any worse than the BOZO running things at the moment….I voted for Strickland but he has proven how incompetent he is time after time. Maybe he should return to the pulpit, but I probably wouldn’t repect him there either….

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

If I read the article right, 200 Ohio jobs are getting cut. Whatever your thoughts on government size, employees etc., 200 Ohioans lose. Isn’t Kasich campaigning to restore Ohio jobs?

tree_sketcher
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    If I read the article right, 200 Ohio jobs are getting cut. Whatever your thoughts on government size, employees etc., 200 Ohioans lose. Isn’t Kasich campaigning to restore Ohio jobs?

+1. Take this one step further. Assume for a moment that Kasich won and he tried to implement this new system; the transition period would no doubt be rocky. The timing would be doubly-bad right now as it is absolute imperative we have an effective system in place to compete for every job we can get.

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

Not to mention the 3C wouldn’t be building itself.

Really surprised no one has mentioned the fact that by fighting to not accept the stimulus money, he’s sending those dollars and jobs to another state.

I guess jobs won’t matter when there’s no state income tax anymore, as part of the secret Kasich Plan to Prosperity.

tree_sketcher
    Participant

What, it works in Florida…! Of all the states to serve as a model for our tax code, I can’t think of one more similar demographically, economically, and geographically than Florida.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I know a bit about what is going on…and I suspect a lot. But I am not going to post this online. I hope to see some of you in person and I would love to tell you my suspicians.

myliftkk
    Participant

tree_sketcher wrote >>
    What, it works in Florida…! Of all the states to serve as a model for our tax code, I can’t think of one more similar demographically, economically, and geographically than Florida.

Except that we’re missing the millions of tourists to tax heavily in lieu of asking citizens to pay for anything.

So, what we’re really missing is a Disney World. Perhaps Kaisch’s secret plan for prosperity involves a magical kingdom to lure foreign tour groups.

dirtgirl
    Participant

the best part is how in the press gaggle following this announcement, he bragged to reporters that not only would these quasi-public officials be paid hefty salaries and bonuses, he would not disclose the amounts.

link to video[/url]

Seriously, a guy who’s been criticized for not disclosing his bonuses is telling the pro-transparency media he’s going to hide from them how public funds are being spent. His campaign manager should get a bonus for keeping him from opening his mouth.

Also, supposedly it doesn’t work in Florida[/url].

SamuraiJack
    Participant

I like Minnesota’s income tax system.. 3 rates based on income none of them very high..

I still think we shoudl tax to go food and remove sales tax on clothing items under $100

cmhcow
    Participant

It doesn’t work in Florida (11.6% unemployment, lots of cronyism and kickbacks) and it doesn’t work in Michigan (second worst economy in the U.S.).

Besides, who wants to be like Michigan?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 185 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: