Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Jury Room

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Jury Room

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 188 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Thanks everyone, we really appreciate everyone’s feedback, good and bad.

Full menu will launch on Sunday, here’s the link:

http://homepage.mac.com/barbtastic/JR_Menu_Food.pdf

Right now we are serving appetizers, soups, salads and pastas.

I’ve especially enjoyed meeting so many people, lots of cu folks in particular. I hope you’ll say hello if you’re in, I love putting faces to all these names.

somertimeoh
    Participant

I’m already dreaming about lunch next week, but I’m thinking I might have to sneak in at least a cocktail this weekend. That Mound Street Mule makes me happy (and pretty drunky) in no time flat :)

Tenzo
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    Liz posted these initial menus in one of the other Jury Room threads –
    http://homepage.mac.com/barbtastic/JR_Menu_Booze.pdf
    http://homepage.mac.com/barbtastic/JR_Menu_Food.pdf

oooooo Fried gnocci. I love that.
    I used to fry left over gnocci in a little butter and sage.
    Now I dont even wait until it’s left over.
    Fluffy in the inside crisp and brown on the outside, arrhhhrhhhhhhh

i had the pasta with meatballs and some calamari the other night…SO GOOD. i also am obsessed with the dill thrill shooters…oh tiny pickles soaked in vodka…why are you so delicious?

super excited to go back today and try more stuff for lunch!

oh, also, the bar seats by the fireplace = coziest place in town

AmyJ
    Participant

I’m headed back today for a late boozy lunch with a friend who hasn’t been there yet. I’m excited to try the second round of both food and drink.

that fried spaghetti business is so good.
    also, had house salad…so good.
    and. table by the fireplace is as good as bar stools by fireplace.

thanks for treating team fton so lovely liz!! we <3 you!

Well we tried the food here for the first time since we are both such huge fans of the other Lessner places. We had a few concerns with our experience. We took advantage of the Fudha.com deal a bit back and went tonight (3/9/11) at 9ish ($20 certificate bought for $10.)

Well first initially it was odd when I ordered a full size order of the half alfredo half marinara pasta and saw how small it was. Turns out when I got the bill they actually ordered me the half size (and in all fairness charged the half-size price.) But was disappointing none the less.

Then when settling the bill they only discounted $15 instead of $20. I asked our server and he said that the Fudha certificates don’t work on alcoholic beverages so they can only discount $15 and not the whole $20. He then made a not-so-great comment saying “That’s illegal” like we were out of line for expecting the discount. This wasn’t stipulated anywhere on the restrictions (as we also have some for Tip Top and now are concerned what the “real” rules are.) If someone from Jury Room etc sees this they should get in touch with Fudha to make to if there are restrictions they are mentioned on the certificate or when you initially buy it.

The food itself was good just kinda not the best first impression.

shmack

To my knowledge, Fudha certificates may be applied to liquor but the state of Ohio does not permit liquor to be discounted after 9pm. Regardless of what the restrictions are on Fudhas in general, the Jury Room is bound by state law. There may be some legal gray area if the Fudha is considered a “coupon” or “gift certificate” but either way, there was a “discount,” and thus, could not be applied to the liquor after 9pm.

Well I’m totally fine with that but the irony of these certificates was they were only valid after 9PM through closing. So if that’s the case it’d be impossible for them to be used on alcoholic beverages. I’m just saying should they ever offer these again n parter with fudha or wherever they need to make sure they’re not misrepresenting the guidelines so people won’t be caught off guard when they go to use them. When the certificate says “good for food and drinks after 9pm etc” without saying any exclusions I just took it at face value.

groundrules
    Participant

Tired of hearing about how these coupon things are the root of discontent/complaints. I mean, even when you save $5, you are still left with a bad taste in your mouth.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Why?

They spent $xxx’s in an agreement to receive $xxx’s of goods and from their perspective, the retailer didn’t own up to their end of the bargain.

I can totally understand that. If it were me, I would have spent the $5 left on food and handed to the dishwasher, rather than go unused.

groundrules
    Participant

ToddAnders wrote >>
    Why?
    They spent $xxx’s in an agreement to receive $xxx’s of goods and from their perspective, the retailer didn’t own up to their end of the bargain.
    I can totally understand that. If it were me, I would have spent the $5 left on food and handed to the dishwasher, rather than go unused.

because to me, i go to restaurants to relax and enjoy myself, and getting butthurt and pissed off about about an internet deal over $5 isn’t worth it. I would prefer to order what i feel like paying for and enjoy it, rather than print off coupons, haggle with servers, end up annoyed, and then feel obliged to go home and bitch about it on a message board. But that’s me.

joev
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>
    Tired of hearing about how these coupon things are the root of discontent/complaints. I mean, even when you save $5, you are still left with a bad taste in your mouth.

I think restaurants should stop signing up for them. Margins are thin – don’t give your stuff away!

groundrules
    Participant

joev wrote >>

groundrules wrote >>

I think restaurants should stop signing up for them. Margins are thin – don’t give your stuff away!

i mean, maybe it works out sometimes, but I have to think that even under the best of circumstances, restaurants can’t be super pumped about these things.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 188 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE