Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Jury Room

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Jury Room

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Hey, guess which thread with dozens of posts in the past week was not included in the weekly CU e-mail blast?

This one!

Shhh, the first rule of Liz Lessner is you can’t talk about Liz Lessner.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hey, guess which thread with dozens of posts in the past week was not included in the weekly CU e-mail blast?

The news about Jury Room closing was published Sun Nov 9.

The news article was in the Mon Nov 10 email newsletter.

It was even mentioned in the subject line of the email.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

I’ve been itching to use my favorite gif again… this topic seems like it’s hit the appropriate point :)

beating a dead horse

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Go out of town for a week and I miss all the good stuff.

rus
    rus
    Participant

How many posters in this thread have been banned so far?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

This one!

Guess what?! Messageboard posts aren’t a part of the CU Weekly email on Mondays! So much for that conspiracy!

DavidF
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ColumbusHearsAWho wrote:</div>
    Hey, guess which thread with dozens of posts in the past week was not included in the weekly CU e-mail blast?<br>
    This one!

Guess what?! Messageboard posts aren’t a part of the CU Weekly email on Mondays! So much for that conspiracy!

Pssh! Facts prove nothing! We all know Walker is part of the Illuminati/Trilateral Commission!

Columbussr
    Blocked

Jury Room supposed to open by November 23rd, per Walker’s article. Is this confirmed? WHO IS THE NEW MYSTERY OWNER?? STEP OUT FROM BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’ve been itching to use my favorite gif again… this topic seems like it’s hit the appropriate point :)

beating a dead horse

Meh – seems unanswered questions remain. Typically from someone so mouthy you’d expect a little clarity, but “whatever man” as they say in CA.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jury Room supposed to open by November 23rd, per Walker’s article. Is this confirmed? WHO IS THE NEW MYSTERY OWNER?? STEP OUT FROM BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

I’ve been asking around. No details yet. Will share more as soon as I can find out.

Columbussr
    Blocked

I mean, you could always go right to the person who sold the Jury Room and ask directly, instead of asking ‘around’. Aren’t you friends with her?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I did ask her directly, and she said that she’s not able to share that contact info until later this week.

So I can either wait for that response or keep asking around elsewhere.

Either way, we’ll share details once we find them out.

DTown
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, is that fairly routine? To shutdown & sell a business, announce the sale, state a re-opening date, quip that the new owner is “well known”, yet not disclose the new owner?

Not bashing, but it just seems slightly unprofessional. If you can’t disclose information, due to contractual agreement, then don’t say anything. I get that. But, if you’re hinting, and specifying time frame, then what’s the point of an agreement not to disclose?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just out of curiosity, is that fairly routine?

Everyone does things a bit differently.

For example… the folks at Northstar Cafe aren’t willing to share many details on their new UA location, despite the fact that they’re taking it to commissions/zoning for approvals.

Others are willing to talk a little more freely before things are formal/official.

DTown
    Participant

Everyone does things a bit differently.

For example… the folks at Northstar Cafe aren’t willing to share many details on their new UA location, despite the fact that they’re taking it to commissions/zoning for approvals.

Others are willing to talk a little more freely before things are formal/official.

That’s a case where one is talking about one’s own interests. It makes more sense when you’re controlling your own information.

This case appears to be one of the new owners not being willing to talk, for whatever reasons, but the former owner telling everyone what’s going to happen, but only up to a point. Once the contract is signed, that’s someone else’s information, someone else’s plan, not theirs. That’s what seemed odd to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 188 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: