Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jon Husted is lying about 17-year-old voters

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Jon Husted is lying about 17-year-old voters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bobcatz
    bobcatz
    Participant

Ohio sec. of state Jon Husted went on CNN today and said 17-year-olds who turn 18 before Nov. have never been able to vote in the presidential primaries.

That’s not true. I voted for president in the primaries as a 17-year-old. Anyone else remember doing so?

JAL
    Participant

The Ohio Law seems pretty cut and dry to me- It claims anyone who will be 18 on or before the day of the NEXT GENERAL ELECTION, which is in November is entitled to cast a ballot in the primary. The OHIO law is below- interpret the way you will:

3503.011 Qualifications of electors for primary elections.
    At a primary election every qualified elector who is or will be on the day of the next general election eighteen or more years of age, and who is a member of or is affiliated with the political party whose primary election ballot he desires to vote, shall be entitled to vote such ballot at the primary election.
    Effective Date: 03-23-1981

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3503

Pro Se
    Participant

I also voted as a 17 year old for Al Gore in the Democratic Primary.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

So did I. I was a Bill Bradley supporter, tho.

Eugene_C
    Participant

I definitely registered when I was 17, I don’t believe I voted in the primary that year, however, so I don’t recall the specifics.

Graybeak
    Participant

Interpret the way you will…but if someone doesn’t like it they will sue you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION