Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jon Husted is lying about 17-year-old voters

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Jon Husted is lying about 17-year-old voters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bobcatz
    bobcatz
    Participant

Ohio sec. of state Jon Husted went on CNN today and said 17-year-olds who turn 18 before Nov. have never been able to vote in the presidential primaries.

That’s not true. I voted for president in the primaries as a 17-year-old. Anyone else remember doing so?

JAL
    Participant

The Ohio Law seems pretty cut and dry to me- It claims anyone who will be 18 on or before the day of the NEXT GENERAL ELECTION, which is in November is entitled to cast a ballot in the primary. The OHIO law is below- interpret the way you will:

3503.011 Qualifications of electors for primary elections.
    At a primary election every qualified elector who is or will be on the day of the next general election eighteen or more years of age, and who is a member of or is affiliated with the political party whose primary election ballot he desires to vote, shall be entitled to vote such ballot at the primary election.
    Effective Date: 03-23-1981

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3503

Pro Se
    Participant

I also voted as a 17 year old for Al Gore in the Democratic Primary.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

So did I. I was a Bill Bradley supporter, tho.

Eugene_C
    Participant

I definitely registered when I was 17, I don’t believe I voted in the primary that year, however, so I don’t recall the specifics.

Graybeak
    Participant

Interpret the way you will…but if someone doesn’t like it they will sue you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.