Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

John Travolta / I Am Wrath - Filming in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion John Travolta / I Am Wrath – Filming in Columbus

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author

johnwashere
    Participant

Out on amazon and on demand now

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Looks like direct to video.

ByThe Movie Guy
    April 16, 2016

Vivian Hill (Rebecca De Mornay) works crunching numbers for the governor of Ohio. The crime rate is down everywhere except for the city of Columbus. Car Manufacture manager Stanley Hill (John Travolta) flies home to Ohio from a job interview. His wife gets toasted in the parking garage, in a city where we have been told, “nothing’s random.” After identifying the culprit in a police line up, the cops let the killer walk. Well it seems John worked as “the real ghost stuff” and has a friend (Christopher Meloni) who runs a barber shop and black ops operation in Columbus, Ohio…I guess due to the high demand. Once you can get past this and the Botox face, the film becomes a decent vigilante movie.

The film is simple. The twists are so overt and so clue heavy, it is hard to even tag them as a twist. The production includes some token religious scene so we can get the title. The banter between partners provides humor. There is plenty of killing by gun fire, hand to hand, knives, and explosions.

Guide: F-word. No sex or nudity. Solid vigilante entertainment.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

Time Warner on demand……10 bucks. I just couldn’t spend it. Waiting for a cheaper price.

bayrea
    Participant

“Well it seems John worked as “the real ghost stuff” and has a friend (Christopher Meloni) who runs a barber shop and black ops operation in Columbus, Ohio…I guess due to the high demand”

Supercuts?

jbcmh81
    Participant

So yeah, I watched it.

As far as the story goes, it is a very by-the-numbers revenge plot, but not the absolute worst example of it. The funniest parts for me were the opening credits which had Columbus on the “news” for its rapidly escalating violent crime and how it seemed to be descending into chaos, how the Short North was like South-Central and Axis was a straight gentleman’s club. The absolute worst thing about the movie, though, was Travolta’s painfully obvious wig. You could literally see the edges along his forehead throughout the movie.
    The best part was in the credits, where it thanked Columbus and “all its fantastic people”, so that was nice, and the fact that they actually used Columbus instead of trying to change it to another city was cool.

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

But it’s been just the opposite in Ohio, Crime has been falling in Columbus, more than in the other big cities in Ohio.

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

But it’s been just the opposite in Ohio, Crime has been falling in Columbus, more than in the other big cities in Ohio.

Yeah, it’s almost as if the movie isn’t real.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: