Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jobu Ramen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Jobu Ramen

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Too bad they were pushing gift card sales so hard in December, knowing the restaurant was for sale ;P

The owner mentioned on FB that they will be honoring gift cards for Jobu at Mashita.

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

That’s nice of them. Did they used to be in Double Happiness before? A friend remembers a former pop-up there but not what it was.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

That’s nice of them. Did they used to be in Double Happiness before? A friend remembers a former pop-up there but not what it was.

Yeah, when they announced the opening of Jobu, they hosted a two-day pop-up at DH last May:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/jobu-ramen-coming-to-grandview-avenue-aw1

Twixlen
    Participant

I’m betting the pop-up your friend was thinking of was Freshstreet’s long-term pop-up at Double Happiness.

If Mashita’s hours can be consistent, I think they’ll do well. Especially if they bring back that yakisoba.

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

That was it! Thanks

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

Anyone know what’s going in the space now? I noticed the signage still there, but it’s been essentially altered and rebranded as maybe a pho place?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Mazah is opening a noodle restaurant in the former Jobu space called “Phy Phom Pho.” Signage in the window says they are now hiring.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Mazah is opening a noodle restaurant in the former Jobu space called “Phy Phom Pho.” Signage in the window says they are now hiring.

Nice. I feel like it should be Phy Pho Phom though.

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ColumbusTime wrote:</div>

Nice. I feel like it should be Phy Pho Phom though.

Phi Phy Pho Phum? Specializing in English blood broth and fresh bread?

derm
    derm
    Participant

Mazah had kept the space and were renting it out but the rent they were charging was egregious. It makes sense that they would personally use it as the monthly they were asking was pretty high.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE