Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jobu Ramen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Jobu Ramen

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

@Drew.My favorites are the char siu bao at Sunflower. (but then, everyone knows of my irrational love for the dim sum at Sunflower)

I’m surprised there isn’t another legit dim sum restaurant in Cbus.

DavidF
    Participant

There used to be at least 4 good ones, but the others ones have all closed down.

FYI: Sorry for getting so far off thread.

News
    Participant

Jobu Ramen’s quest for a beer and wine license
    by Michael Kopfman

We are using this Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to purchase a beer and liquor license for the restaurant. We have applied to the state of Ohio for a license, but the wait time is about a year and a half before one can be issued by the state.

We want to be able to provide our guests with libations that accent our food offerings. We don’t want to wait a year and a half.

READ MORE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1161535191/jobu-ramens-quest-for-a-beer-and-wine-license

FunkBrothers
    Participant

If they Jobu ever gets a beer and liquor license, they ought to consider having Japanese beers on tap such as Asahi, Sapporo, and Kirin and maybe try to get a microbrew from Japan that would be exclusive to Ohio or even the United States. Not having those three beers and have American beers instead would ruin the experience.

I have been there once and I enjoyed their soy ramen.

News
    Participant
    Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

Really?? Can anyone confirm that it’s closing?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t think it’s closing… just for sale.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

The new buyer may keep the existing concept or bring in their own.

Guess it depends on the buyer.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’d love to support those folks but I can’t drop $14+ on ramen no matter how good it is lol.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Note posted on the door:

“We are now closed for good. Thank you for your support over the past months.”

derm
    derm
    Participant

The rent they are asking for that tiny places is egregious.

News
    Participant

Jobu Ramen Has Closed, Mashita Noodles Will Re-Open
    January 5, 2015 3:24 pm – Rebecca Wagner

Another round of sad restaurant news reached the CU offices today: Jobu Ramen at 1439 Grandview Avenue has closed permanently due to financial troubles, co-owner John Franke confirmed this afternoon. The restaurant, which opened in late May 2014, served customizable ramen bowls, Korean barbecue kimchi burritos, and other Asian street foods.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/jobu-ramen-has-closed-mashita-noodles-will-re-open-rw1

rus
    rus
    Participant

The rent they are asking for that tiny places is egregious.

Figured it was something like that. Too bad.

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

Too bad they were pushing gift card sales so hard in December, knowing the restaurant was for sale ;P

melikecheese
    Participant

That’s a bummer, but I am happy he will be back at Double Happiness. It just means I can eat it once a week instead of once a month…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE