Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jobu Ramen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Jobu Ramen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Jobu Ramen Coming to Grandview Avenue
    March 26, 2014 9:40 am – Ayana Wilson

Good bowls of ramen can be hard to find in this city. So when Michael Kopfman, who works for the Cameron Mitchell family of restaurants, came back from a trip to the Bay Area, he decided to bring his new-found passion for the Asian street food to Columbus.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/jobu-ramen-coming-to-grandview-avenue-aw1

———–

UPDATE VIA FB: We are hoping for two weeks. But, at the mercy of the sched of inspectors. Fingers crossed.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Outstanding, cant wait to walk over and try it. Good luck to them, I know the rent at that spot was set pretty high.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

get in my belly!

News
    Participant

Via FB:

First look! New patio space!

zp945
    Participant

Looks good. I’m excited to try it when it opens. Good Luck!!

geoyui
    Participant

jdubilla
    Participant

They had their noodle cart out front of the shop a few times last week. I got the ramen with pork/chicken broth and pork for $9. It was tasty. I’ll be back but I do hope to see the spicy broth next time.

News
    Participant

Jobu Ramen Opens Today on Grandview Avenue
    May 26, 2014 2:25 pm – Ayana Wilson

Do you slurp? That’s the question Mike Kopfman and John Franke hope to have the city answer when they open Jobu Ramen, Columbus’ newest spot for steaming bowls of flavorful goodness, at 1439 Grandview Avenue, formerly home to Mazah Mediterranean Eatery.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/jobu-ramen-opens-today-on-grandview-avenue-aw1

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Still very very excited to try this place… but after reading the article some doubts have crept in my brain… hopefully I’m wrong.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

This needs to be in there somewhere.

melikecheese
    Participant

I am really excited to try this, but going to wait a week or two so the lunch crowd dies down a bit.

Hopefully this will help the average person’s reaction to ramen / noodles / instant noodles to be one beyond, you mean those gross salty things college students eat?

A co-worker got it yesterday when they opened and said it was good and he would go back.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Ramen is on my list of… too easy to make at home… list to actually purchase for 5 X the markup. Took some flack on here once when I said the same thing of Dirty Franks.
    However, the topic comes up enough here I’m sure this will be a success with the right quality to price ratio. Just like Dirty Frank’s.

DavidF
    Participant

Hard to think of too many things that restaurants serve that one couldn’t make at home for 1/5 the cost. Doing it well, generally a different story.

vtanguyen
    Participant

Well, if you’re thinking it’s going to be like packaged ramen, then you are wrong. Looking through their facebook page, it seems like they actually make their broth from bone, bonito, and kombu. It’s a process that is labor intensive and takes hours. I have lived in Japan for a year, studying abroad. Real ramen tastes nothing like packaged ramen.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Anyone interested in ramen should watch Tampopo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE