Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeni's Ice Creams Powell Parking Drama

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Jeni’s Ice Creams Powell Parking Drama

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

thecandlelab wrote >>
    Any community that doesn’t have a parking problem is one where you don’t want to open a business. Its a good thing that we have this problem – its why we (and Jeni’s) came to Powell. Its a walkable downtown with a good density of interesting retail and restaurant options.

Very well said! :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

thecandlelab wrote >>
    Any community that doesn’t have a parking problem is one where you don’t want to open a business. Its a good thing that we have this problem – its why we (and Jeni’s) came to Powell. Its a walkable downtown with a good density of interesting retail and restaurant options.

Very well said! :D

byJody
    Participant

meigsNkegs wrote >>
    I think they have added bike paths that come in from the north,

Yes, there have been wonderful additions of bike accommodations from the South one can park at Library Park (by RRx) and have a short walk or bike ride to Downtown Powell on the multi-use path. Also, there is a multi use connector from Downtown going West, along the South side of Powell Rd/Olentangy St. (I am not sure how far it goes, but it would be nice if it connects to the zoo eventually).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Businesses say Powell parking still problem
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010
    By BONNIE BUTCHER
    ThisWeek Community Newspapers

When Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams held its grand opening Nov. 11, the lack of adequate parking space in downtown Powell became tangible, three business owners told city council Nov. 16.

Several Powell business owners said they are still frustrated by parking issues in the downtown area.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/olentangy/stories/2010/11/17/businesses-say.html?sid=104

Twixlen
    Participant

It baffles me that they can’t see the additional foot traffic by their doors as a positive. You’d think they’d be working on clever window signs to attract people into their spaces.

AmyD
    Participant

I can’t get a good feel for the businesses in Powell. There’s a really high rate of turnover and rent is pretty high for the offerings. One would think that extra people STOPPING in Powell rather than just driving through would be good.
    I’m really glad about the new buildings up there. They need it to survive.

AmyD
    Participant

I can’t get a good feel for the businesses in Powell. There’s a really high rate of turnover and rent is pretty high for the offerings. One would think that extra people STOPPING in Powell rather than just driving through would be good.

AmyD
    Participant

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE