Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeni's Ice Creams Cookbook

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Jeni’s Ice Creams Cookbook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

i was actually on ibooks that morning looking to see if the book was there yet, and saw the frontpage there even before seeing it here.

and yeah, since the girl bought me the hardcover, i bought the e-version, mostly based on your enthusiastic pride in the videos. and you’re right, they really made making the base recipe much easier, seeing it rather than just reading.

and the recipes worked great. since i 1st tried it i’ve wanted the bangkok peanut without the damn shredded coconut. and now i have the keys to the kingdom. made the 1st crack at it last night and it was perfect. next time in i’m taking her suggestion of boiling the creams with coins of ginger & bruised lemongrass, and i’m going to add crushed peanuts and a swirl of reduced-down sriracha sauce, and really try to make it a phad thai ice cream . . .

mbeaumont
    Participant

Thought everyone would be proud to know that Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home is one of Apple’s Best Enhanced ebooks of 2011, featured in the “iBookstore Rewind 2011” spotlight (you can check out the full spotlight via iTunes here).

Spacejunk was proud to work with Jeni’s on the videos for the ebook. CBus represent!

hungrywoolf
    Participant

mbeaumont said:
    Thought everyone would be proud to know that Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home is one of Apple’s Best Enhanced ebooks of 2011, featured in the “iBookstore Rewind 2011” spotlight (you can check out the full spotlight via iTunes here).

Spacejunk was proud to work with Jeni’s on the videos for the ebook. CBus represent!

Congratulations! Those videos are great.

mbeaumont
    Participant

And now, James Beard Award-winning book! Congrats to Jeni and team on a huge night!

catnfiddle
    Participant

Wow! Congrats to Jeni and Company!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: