Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeni's Expanding Across US

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Jeni's Expanding Across US

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

I hope they don’t set up shop near Bobtail. They sell similar ice cream at a cheaper price. I encourage people to try both out when they visit.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Bobtail Menu

“Similar” is so subjective.

I know!!!! And exploring different subjective views a person can find there own view on a topic. I love learning and venturing to new cities finding everyone has the best of everything. Of course that isn’t true, but what I do know is that Chicago has the cheapest (diverse) food in America that I have found. Mainly due to the extreme competition among food establishments. Everyone can’t be the best, but people will find what is best for themselves. Certainly discussing a topic such as ice cream I would like to think that there is no objective avenue to go down. One thing I would like to know is if the prices are cheaper in Chicago than they are here. I will find out soon.

anillo
    Participant

This location opened for business today, and had a free ice cream night last night. I’m not sure how many people they expected to show up, but it was really busy. The tasting was scheduled from 7-10, I left the area at around 10 and the line was still at least 2 hours long =) Lots of Columbus love in the Windy City!

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

I was in Chicago this past weekend for a music festival. I didn’t make it to their new shop, but I did see the mobile version at the festival with a huge line on Saturday. Then while shopping at a small boutique in Logan Square on Monday, I overheard the staff there talking about Jeni’s and of course I couldn’t help but chime in about how tasty it is!

Jman4ever
    Participant

Liner Notes said:
    I was in Chicago this past weekend for a music festival. I didn’t make it to their new shop, but I did see the mobile version at the festival with a huge line on Saturday. Then while shopping at a small boutique in Logan Square on Monday, I overheard the staff there talking about Jeni’s and of course I couldn’t help but chime in about how tasty it is!

An old HS friend of mine. (from NJ) was at that festival. She said the festival and the ice cream were awlsome.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Los Angeles is apparently up next.

This would put Jeni’s stores in the following cities:

Columbus, Cleveland, Nashville, Chicago, Atlanta, Charleston, NYC, and LA

geoyui
    Participant

Los Angeles is apparently up next.

Really? How do you know?

dru
    Participant

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Midwest representing!

geoyui
    Participant

http://la.eater.com/2014/10/7/6939709/jenis-splended-ice-cream-opening-silver-lake-los-feliz<br>
    https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/11016759

Thanks for the links.

Does anyone else notice when a Midwesterner moves out west, they go crazy and rave about the new dunkin donuts or steak and shake opening up near them?

News
    Participant

Jeni’s Headquarters Relocating to Arena District
    ANNOUNCEMENTS — BY SUSAN POST ON DECEMBER 3, 2014 AT 3:34 PM

Beloved local ice cream maker Jeni’s is relocating their corporate offices to the 401 N. Fourth St. building in the Arena District. The 13,710 square-foot space on the third floor is just a block away from North Market, the site of the first Jeni’s.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/jenis-headquarters-relocating-to-arena-district/

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

As in, 401 N. Front St.?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The typo was corrected in the original article. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION