Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeni’s $1 Cone Party at The North Market

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Jeni’s $1 Cone Party at The North Market

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Press Release:

Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams To Celebrate New Location of North Market Shop With $1 Cone Party!

Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams’ newly relocated scoop shop inside the North Market, across from the Greener Grocer on the east side of the Market, is now open for business.

Jeni’s will mark the occasion with a $1 Cone Party from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, September 27. The party, hosted by Jeni Britton Bauer, is free and open to the public — and, fans who sport anything Jeni’s (hats, T-shirts, buttons, etc.) will receive their cone for free.

Jeni, who founded Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams with the opening of her first shop in 2002 in the North Market, says the event is “a thank you” to all the North Market patrons who have supported us and all the other North Market merchants for more than a decade.

“The North Market is the only reason our company exists,” says Jeni. “I tell people everywhere I go that without the North Market I’m certain I would be doing something else.”

The relocation of Jeni’s original shop to its new location is part of the North Market’s just-started renovation, which includes a $1.2 million ventilation system and new exhaust, grease, smoke hoods for prepared-food merchants. With the construction of the ventilation system and hoods came the need to move a handful of merchants, including Jeni’s.

“The Market is such a vital asset of Columbus,” Jeni says. “It’s such a culinary and cultural gem and an essential incubator of businesses and proponent of entrepreneurship. Wherever I go, I always remember that without the North Market we wouldn’t be doing what we are doing today. It was such an inspirational place to me then and it’s still that to me today.”

Since 2002, Jeni’s shop in the North Market has been the anchor of a family of 14 shops, with locations in Chagrin Falls (near Cleveland), Nashville, and Chicago. A 15th shop, in Atlanta, will open next month (exact date to be determined).

As Jeni says, “In Columbus, all roads lead to the Market.” On many days, that statement is literal. Given the North Market’s shop’s proximity to the Greater Columbus Convention Center, customers from around the world have been able to sample Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams. And through those ice creams, they’ve been able to experience a taste of Columbus and all Ohio and the Midwest has to offer.

As the years have gone by, the menu at Jeni’s has expanded along with the company. When Jeni opened her shop in the North Market (and made all the ice creams there and sold them herself behind the counter), she offered a menu of 15 ice creams, sorbets, and frozen yogurts. Some of those flavors remain today, including Salty Caramel, which is still Jeni’s most-popular flavor — and will be available Friday for just $1 per cone (or free when you wear Jeni’s hat, T-shirt, button, etc.).

Jeni’s North Market Scoop Shop Hours:

Sunday: noon to 5 p.m.

Monday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Tuesday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: