Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeffrey Place website is gone...

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Jeffrey Place website is gone…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

paktinat

In this day and age I have trouble trusting companies whose websites are so buggy. Either go with a less glamorous website or pay someone enough money to make your current one actually work. If you can’t pay attention to that detail how I am to trust you as a customer?

Microsoft JET Database Engine error ‘80004005’

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ‘E:wwwrootcommunitybldgpartners.comhttpdocsjfdbcom.mdb’. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

/sitmap_.asp, line 9

HeySquare
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    it is a great area and I am optimistic that it will eventually get developed, hopefully much better than the area W of Summit between 2nd and 1st. That area is horrible! Worst design EVER. I seriously gag when I view what was put up.

What?
    What exactly don’t you like about them? I think they are AWESOME.

futureman
    Participant

paktinat wrote >>
    In this day and age I have trouble trusting companies whose websites are so buggy. Either go with a less glamorous website or pay someone enough money to make your current one actually work. If you can’t pay attention to that detail how I am to trust you as a customer?

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ‘E:wwwrootcommunitybldgpartners.comhttpdocsjfdbcom.mdb’. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
    /sitmap_.asp, line 9

Also, the link at Jefferyplace.com for the lofts goes to a non-functional page. You’d think they’d at least have that page working considering they are now selling units!

http://www.jeffreyplace.com/the_lofts_at_jeffrey_place.asp

JonMyers
    Participant

paktinat wrote >>

/sitmap_.asp, line 9

A Fuckin Men brother. Amen.

That goes for any commercial site, but I notice tons of buggy crap and garbage with real estate websites.

What amazes me is that most real estate agents and developers are still failing to understand a customer’s research path when selecting an agent (it isn’t always a referral) and buying a home.

The first place many people go is – – online.

It’s easy to verify that fact. Look at the search numbers for any search terms that are clearly buying/ research related queries that are specific to our area.

lifeliberty
    Participant

HeySquare wrote >>

What?
    What exactly don’t you like about them? I think they are AWESOME.

it’s like suburbia threw up on that spot. looks like a hodge podge of cheap new builds. I am not saying people that live there made a bad choice, the area is WAY better than where I live, but the design is just not for me. it’s like they are trying too hard to make something for everyone. i don’t know, i just remember the first time I saw it and my only thought was “WTF?”
    what I love about Italian and Vic Vlg houses are that you can feel the age there, it gives a feeling of permanence and quality. This little area just really stands out from that.

lifeliberty
    Participant

to be honest, I would live there. a new build with little headaches, close to town, more walkable neighborhood- but I would still think it is ugly.

I probably insulted someone on this board with this, for that I appologize. different tastes and all that.

jerdo87
    Participant

I live at the The Jeffrey and there is a new sign there and I swear there is a new website for these lofts because it displays pictures of model lofts. For the life of me I cannot remember the new name for these lofts but I swear they are no longer the “Jeffrey Lofts”

HeySquare
    Participant

OK. I like the design of the buildings a lot, but I do agree that the street layout reads more suburban than the surrounding city grid. I can appreciate that point.

I’m pretty sure those buildings were developed specifically with a mix of market rate and subsidized housing; however, I don’t remember the specifics of the group or agency involved. So yeah, there was kind of a “something for everyone” approach there, done intentionally to provide for a broad range of income and residents.

I was just curious if you were reacting to specific materials or details of the buildings, or something else. I always liked the housing design a lot… they used a lot of the details of various buildings in the neighborhood, but played with scale and arrangement so that the buildings do look modern.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I think it just really fuct the neighborhood’s composition up. It doesn’t fit and looks off. Maybe it will look better when the trees grow and cover some of it up.

I’m ok with modern, I like the look of the places on 4th that were put up. they don’t make you go “I’m driving down the road, I’m driving down the road, …What the hell happened Here?”

anillo
    Participant

I think the new website is http://www.waldenlofts.com/

futureman
    Participant

jerdo87 wrote >>
    I live at the The Jeffrey and there is a new sign there and I swear there is a new website for these lofts because it displays pictures of model lofts. For the life of me I cannot remember the new name for these lofts but I swear they are no longer the “Jeffrey Lofts”

Is this it – http://www.waldenlofts.com/?

HeySquare
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    to be honest, I would live there. a new build with little headaches, close to town, more walkable neighborhood- but I would still think it is ugly.
    I probably insulted someone on this board with this, for that I appologize. different tastes and all that.

Hey… you like what you like. I was just commenting yesterday that while one can appreciate and understand the various styles of architecture, there are always going to be preferences in terms of personal taste.

I become curious when someone reacts to a building much differently than I do. I’ve been looking at old buildings for so long now, my worldview is skewed :)

HeySquare
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    I think it just really fuct the neighborhood’s composition up. It doesn’t fit and looks off. Maybe it will look better when the trees grow and cover some of it up.
    I’m ok with modern, I like the look of the places on 4th that were put up. they don’t make you go “I’m driving down the road, I’m driving down the road, …What the hell happened Here?”

You are definitely not the only person that thinks the layout is uncomfortable… other friends of mine have voiced the exact same issue.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

If homes were built that look like the 100 year old homes throughout Italian Village, they would be outrageously expensive. Those are homes that just cannot be replicated at reasonable cost….too much detail.

New Village Place is the name of the “modern” neighborhood between 1st and 2nd. They were built to be modern and simple, which is why they are affordable. I kind of like them. To each his/her own.

Mercurius
    Participant

Bump – any news? Is this clown bankrupt yet? It appears from the auditors site to still be owned by Green Arbors Housing which is listed at the SOS as JOSEPH J. RECCHIE.

Does anyone know what happened to the grants and TIF this jackwagon received from the state and city? My property taxes went up significantly to finance this “re-development;” which I would be cool with if there was any redevelopment.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION