Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeffrey Place website is gone...

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Jeffrey Place website is gone…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Motorist
    Participant

It looks like there is some patio furniture on one of the top balconies on the loft building; you can see it from Fourth. Maybe they are gearing up to do something (anything) after all.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Its a christmas miracle!

Their twitter has been updated recently as well for the first time since april with a promotional plug for the loft building and something about this being the best view in town of red white and boom:

Something tells me that they’re back and just as incompetent as ever!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

We’d taken a look at Jeffry Place around this time last year, and the sales person noted at the time that the lofts were complete, just waiting for elevator permits and inspections. They even hosted the Via Colori preparty there last year (sans elevator).
    I’d love to see more progress taking place on this site, and while I understand their philosophy in holding off on the North Bank section until all the units are in contract, neither banks nor consumers are willing to shell out thousands for an empty lot.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

mrsgeedeck wrote >> neither banks nor consumers are willing to shell out thousands for an empty lot.

Psh, perhaps you’re not familiar with that super awesome Ibiza project. Lots of very satisfied customers there!

groundrules
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

mrsgeedeck wrote >> neither banks nor consumers are willing to shell out thousands for an empty lot.

Psh, perhaps you’re not familiar with that super awesome Ibiza project. Lots of very satisfied customers there!

oh shizz. lol

Hael

So it seems builders lack faith in “if you build it, they will come”. Am I understanding this correctly, they are waiting for people to buy before they proceed with building?

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Hael wrote >>
    So it seems builders lack faith in “if you build it, they will come”. Am I understanding this correctly, they are waiting for people to buy before they proceed with building?

maybe they’re waiting for the magic streetcar as its the same philosophy…

Core_Models

I’d give you an update, but this is their “news” page…

http://jeffreyplace.com/jeffreyplace_news.asp

heresthecasey
    Participant

Where’s Sarah Smith when you need her!

dbteach01

A friend of mine bought a condo in Jeffrey Place. Apparently everyone who actually lives in the condos along the street have sued the developer…to no avail. I wonder how many more years the lot will remain vacant.

I notice a growing homeless community have set up shop on the Jeffrey Place land..perhaps a homeless shelter could be built there instead?

lifeliberty
    Participant

dbteach01 wrote >>

I notice a growing homeless community have set up shop on the Jeffrey Place land..

I noticed the tent/tarp city last time I was on 670W at 4th. interesting, and in very public view.

Man, to have spent so much on a condo and then realize you could have lived next door for free! (well, for the cost of a used tent anyways…)

jerdo87
    Participant

I’m not sure what is going on with the building but I live at The Jeffrey and it seems that Jeffrey Place is setting up model apartments? Also more and more of the lights are on at night.

lifeliberty
    Participant

it is a great area and I am optimistic that it will eventually get developed, hopefully much better than the area W of Summit between 2nd and 1st. That area is horrible! Worst design EVER. I seriously gag when I view what was put up.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Just got an email today from Dooley and Co., listing one of the Jeffrey Place lofts for sale. Two bedroom, two bath 1264 sq. ft for 179,900.

futureman
    Participant

mrsgeedeck wrote >>
    Just got an email today from Dooley and Co., listing one of the Jeffrey Place lofts for sale. Two bedroom, two bath 1264 sq. ft for 179,900.

That seems like a really good price, ~$142 sq/ft. Granted it’s the Jefferey so it’s a large gamble. Who knows, maybe they might build a couple more buildings. Glad these units *finally* for sale.

How long has that building been completed now (exterior at least)? A year or two?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: