Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeffrey Place website is gone...

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Jeffrey Place website is gone…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

anybody know what’s going on over there?

gramarye
    Participant

Well, that’s definitely a new signpost in a road that’s been full of bad signs, but I don’t think that’s going to come as too much of a surprise to the regular followers of urban development news on this site. The answer to your question is, in a word, “nothing.”

heresthecasey
    Participant

im going to take a leap and say its dead in the water

heresthecasey
    Participant

found their twitter: http://twitter.com/jeffreyplace
    and flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreyplace

it appears they actually finished a model unit in that empty shell of a loft building. :O :O :O

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

This is very sad news. That neighborhood, when built out, would have been one of the best around and a huge boost to that corner of Italian Village. I’d like to see some other developer go in and build something a little more affordable yet keep with the modern feel of the other new buildings. There is still so much potential over there.

I’m guessing those doctor’s offices for the southeastern portion were nixed as well.

The whole site, as it stands, is pretty pathetic and an eyesore from the highway. How about Harrison Park, Part II, with a more modern touch. These are developers who actually get it. Just don’t like the surface lots, but it does keep the cost down. oh well. either way, it’s really nice over there.

I asked because I’m pretty sure they got the city to build and maintain public roads through there (in addition to sewer/electric), and I can’t imagine the city being happy that they did their half and the developer has pretty much bailed.

JonMyers
    Participant

Brutal economy, but it seems it was struggling prior to the meltdown.

rory
    Participant

Looks like it’s time to plant some grass there. It would make a nice prairie.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

rory wrote >>
    Looks like it’s time to plant some grass there. It would make a nice prairie.

Check out the big brains on rory!! :D

+1 prairie

MikeReed
    Participant

Re:jpizzow

I’m still waiting to meet a developer who “gets it”. I’m not holding my breath.

futureman
    Participant

gramarye
    Participant

Does this say more about me or about the developer that I’m more surprised to see it back than I was to see it gone?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>
    Does this say more about me or about the developer that I’m more surprised to see it back than I was to see it gone?

Ehh…what’s option C?

gramarye
    Participant

Um … that it says “you read too much into things?”

futureman
    Participant

and by “back” I mean with broken links and database errors …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: