Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeffrey Place - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Jeffrey Place – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • Author

Has anyone heard of anything recently regarding the completion and/or occupancy of the Jeffrey Place Condo/Loft project in Italian Village? I just tried calling the number on their website and it has been disconnected.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Jeffrey Place…the 2nd coolest imaginary condos behind Ibiza.

Ibiza, what’s that? Just kidding!!!

JR

Anybody know what is going on with Jeffrey Place lofts? Why isn’t anyone moving in?

JR

Any news?

Brant
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

heresthecasey
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    http://www.jeffreyplace.com
    (614) 297-7448
    [email protected]

From my experience, the website is a disaster, no one answers the phone, and they never reply to emails.

hivner1

Very post-apocalyptic. Looks like they built those things on the set of “The Stand.” Why did they erect one of them so far away from the rest? I’d be scared to sleep if I lived in that building.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Some photos I took a few weeks ago. The overcast sky really adds to the mood:

Mercurius
    Participant

I kinda am digging how fallow the land is getting. I hope they don’t mow.

Walker wrote >>
    http://www.jeffreyplace.com
    (614) 297-7448
    [email protected]

Glad to see they’re trying to resurrect their land fill by updating the website. I guess that is where everyone’s deposit $$ went! Don’t they get it, after alllllll of this, a fancy new web UI is not going to sell their property. If they couldn’t do it during “the boom” why do they think they can do it now? And do not be fooled, that loser Joe Recchie is still the “CEO” of this tragic excuse for a development. Sorry Joe, but we know it’s true..(i.e. The Broadwin)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

An update from the Dispatch:

State clears the way for Jeffrey Place developer
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:56 PM
    BY MARK FERENCHIK
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

The state announced last week that the Jeffrey Place site in Italian Village is finally clean. The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency declared that the site north of Downtown, where Jeffrey Mining and Manufacturing operated for more than 80 years, meets state standards.

Whether that’s enough for Recchie to move ahead with plans he announced in 2000 remains to be seen. The 41.5-acre site is still covered with debris and weeds.

READ MORE

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Well now it’s a certified clean urban prarie.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

The Husband and I had been interested in their purposed North Bank build last fall. We met with the sales agent who had a great pitch, and even met with Recchie himself about the plans for development in the area.
    During the tour, we asked if North Bank would be completed by the end of our lease in spring of 2009, and were assured that it would be, seeing as how they already had 7 of the first 10 units sold. They just needed to get the last three sold and could begin construction. We were also told that the Lofts were awaiting an elevator permit so that the residents could move in.
    On paper it was a great opportunity, and had the potential of being a great investment, but it also sounded a little too good to be true. Seeing as how the Loft space remains empty a full year later, they haven’t even broken ground on North Bank, and last time I drove by most of the condos that were up had “for sale” signs out front, I’m glad we passed.
    I’d still like to see this place build though, it would really help revitalize that corner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: