Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jeffrey Park - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Jeffrey Park – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Jeffery Park is a mix of rental and owner occupied. The townhouse are technically single family homes. Also, lower priced housing? The Foundry starts out at $1,000 per month for ~600 sqft. I wouldn’t consider that anywhere near lower priced.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Yeah, there’s also a $1600 one bedroom and I guarantee the single family homes will go for $450k and up. This isn’t exactly for paupers.

WJT
    Participant

Jeffery Park is a mix of rental and owner occupied. The townhouse are technically single family homes. Also, lower priced housing? The Foundry starts out at $1,000 per month for ~600 sqft. I wouldn’t consider that anywhere near lower priced.

I don’t know if this is in reference to my comment on ‘lower priced’, Ned’s comment, or is unrelated to either, but I just want to say I was not implying that any of the housing was lower priced, just that there is a need for lower priced apartments in and near downtown. That would include ‘workforce’ housing that would be below market rate.

With demand so high, I don’t understand why the city is not asking(or demanding) that developers make at least a portion of the units(even if only ten percent) workforce, and if not in the exact complex, than at least nearby.

If this has nothing to do with your comment, than nevermind. ;)

(ten or fifteen years ago people would have lost their sh*t at rents at 1.5 to 2 dollars a square foot!!!…now it seems rather common. :( )

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Much different than the original proposal. A lot more lower-priced apartments packed in.

I think this was the comment I was responding to, and he discussion that followed. No offense implied on my end, its just that these are the opposite of ‘lower-priced.’ Maybe Ned will make the argument that he is referring to building quality and materials, which I can accept more but still would argue with. Even with design flaws, these are likely built with more high quality materials due to design review and guidelines than elsewhere around the city.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Couple of new photos from this past weekend featuring the new for-sale townhomes and the near-completed Community Center:

MORE HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-november-2015-part-2

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

The community center is pretty amazing.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Yeah, the gym there is pretty awesome.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

The Hoof Hearted sign went up yesterday. I was talking to the head of maintenance for the building, and it sounded like they were trying to get the place up and running in the next week or two, but one of the leasing managers at The Foundry said they’d expect it to be more toward the end of January.

A & R Creative Group will be partnering for the culinary side of things with Hoof Hearted, so that should be pretty interesting.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

For anyone interested, Hoof Hearted announced yesterday that their Brewpub will be opening next Thursday, Feb. 11th:

https://www.facebook.com/HoofHeartedBrewPubandKitchen

Eugene_C
    Participant

Remember when “Town Homes” meant this?

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

There are still townhomes downtown that look like that. More developments like that would be welcome, I imagine.

ohbr
    Participant

I think Franklinton, being almost blank slate, would be a great opportunity to bring back more brownstone style townhomes in a larger scale way but I doubt we’d see that with so many different investors, getting them unified for a design is unlikely.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I think Franklinton, being almost blank slate, would be a great opportunity to bring back more brownstone style townhomes in a larger scale way but I doubt we’d see that with so many different investors, getting them unified for a design is unlikely.

Downtown, you have semblances of them in two places as is: Neighborhood Launch and LC’s The Annex development.

The areas north of Neighborhood Launch would strike me as fertile ground for similar developments, along Fourth Street and extending east–but I have a feeling there are other plans in the works there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The areas north of Neighborhood Launch would strike me as fertile ground for similar developments, along Fourth Street and extending east–but I have a feeling there are other plans in the works there.

Maybe there’s a room for a mix. I’ve thought (or assumed?) that this area will eventually end up as a mix of expanded hotel and convention space closer to the Convention Center and a mix of student housing and classroom buildings closer to CSCC/CCAD until they meet in the middle around BalletMet.

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

The brownstones in that picture aren’t exactly a unified design. They’re probably super expensive nowadays and a lot of the craft has been lost. It’s not like the world is full of unemployed stone masons anymore. I wonder what it would cost to build something like that new?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 226 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE