Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jaywalkers

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Jaywalkers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Ndcent

It’s hard to make it to crosswalks or jaywalk very quickly across the street when your pants are around your knees.

Fuck’em.

joev
    Participant

Ndcent wrote It’s hard to make it to crosswalks or jaywalk very quickly across the street when your pants are around your knees.

Fuck’em.

I saw one guy who sagged his pants so low that they really were below his knees. Basketball shorts on underneath. It defied gravity and any sense of praticality where locomotion is concerned.

blammo
    Participant

I saw a jaywalker crossing 4th at Chittenden with his pants below his knees, during rush hour with traffic blasting past him on all sides.

Of course, he was also taking a piss at the time, so I imagine there was a certain logic in the lowered waistband.

misskitty
    Participant

I don’t think you get it.

And you are only further proving you lack of compassion and concern for life.

oh goodness not at all it is all Personal Responsibility .

If i was truly the devil in hiding or a hateful person . Then I am 99% sure I would not bake cakes for people in hospice on there birthdays, and Holidays. I bet i would also not pass blankets and food out to some homless too huh .lol and for the 3 thing I enjoy doing is cutting into my christmas exspenses so I can but stuff for kids that dont have stuff .

I guess i do lack a lust for life or some compassion huh ?

I got a great lust for life I dont take it for granted thats why I look before crossing :) Personal Responsibility

HeySquare
    Participant

EDIT: for clarity… see below

The Hegemo

Cyclist wrote

You may not feel guilty, but you might end up with some un-pleasant feeling or image that you might have trouble getting out of sight and out of mind. A particularly violent collision may leave a pretty nasty memory that could be rather traumatizing.

One of my father’s coworkers hit and killed a pedestrian a number of years ago. He was on his way to work, on Reading Rd. in Cincinnati, and the guy just darted out from between cars right in front of him. There was nothing my dad’s coworker could have done to prevent the accident, and he wasn’t charged, but he was really traumatized and haunted by it.

Mercurius
    Participant

They have been ticketing people downtown. A few people in my office have $86 Jaywalking tickets. Think the police might have more to worry about on East Main than this though.

HeySquare
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote

Rocknrolloutlaws wrote

“Your friend the period”

:wink:

we need an emoticon for “blew coffee out my nose laughing”

omg +1. effin hilarious.

GasGuzzler

HeySquare wrote Just to clarify…

If you are in a car, and you hit a pedestrian, you are at fault.

Period.

Incorrect.

HeySquare
    Participant

GasGuzzler wrote

HeySquare wrote Just to clarify…

If you are in a car, and you hit a pedestrian, you are at fault.

Period.

Incorrect.

Sorry… you’re right in the legal sense. As in Hegmo’s post indicates, it can be the fault of the pedestrian. However, if you are speeding at the time then there is a pretty good probability that the police will fault the driver, even though the pedestrian may have walked or run out in front of the vehicle. And the majority of cases, it is not the fault of the pedestrian but the cause of driver negligence… speeding, pre-occupation/not paying attention, or under the influence.

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that… drivers really need to be more responsible when they are in a car. When you are in the vehicle, as opposed to bicycle or on foot, you carry a greater responsibility.

I’ve stood in the crosswalk at Spring near Long, and had drivers nearly run me down in the crosswalk. It’s the same discussion we were having in the bicycle thread– that drivers are not as aware of the other modes that share the road. Combined with too many distractions– it’s really deadly.

misskitty
    Participant

yea I know what cross walk you speak of as rule of thumb i stop and let the people cross the sign says so and I do . I get nervous crossing on Gays cross walk people dont like to see the sign there either

Anonymous
    Inactive

I jaywalk all the time. I see nothing wrong with it as long as you’re not causing any trouble to drivers or other pedestrians. On the other hand, I think pedestrians have every right to kick/scratch/pummel a car that’s not giving them the proper right of way.

misskitty
    Participant

Dutch Rub wrote I jaywalk all the time. I see nothing wrong with it as long as you’re not causing any trouble to drivers or other pedestrians. On the other hand, I think pedestrians have every right to kick/scratch/pummel a car that’s not giving them the proper right of way.

yea .

I guess in it all it is scary for both sides you never know

I do know that if I am crossing and doing everything right you know it says walk and all that ,and someone hits me, i am going to be a un-happy camper. :x

Rockmastermike
    Participant

blammo wrote I saw a jaywalker crossing 4th at Chittenden with his pants below his knees, during rush hour with traffic blasting past him on all sides.

Of course, he was also taking a piss at the time, so I imagine there was a certain logic in the lowered waistband.

now THAT is what I call MULTITASKING!

misskitty
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote

blammo wrote I saw a jaywalker crossing 4th at Chittenden with his pants below his knees, during rush hour with traffic blasting past him on all sides.

now THAT is what I call MULTITASKING!

omg it is lol I live on the west side sometimes you will see saggy bottom boys running from the CCP it looks real complacated maybe it should be a new sport :lol:

that is a joke :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: