Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

japanese street crepe cart to open this month

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining japanese street crepe cart to open this month

This topic contains 85 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  foodiecart 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author

foodiecart

hello columbus. foodie cart will start this month and we will be specializing in japanese street crepes. We will have an original and gluten-free option as well as sweet and or savory crepes. Japanese drinks and snacks to accompany. We have two food locator sites: http://www.facebook.com/foodie.cart and http://www.twitter.com/freshstreet

we are real excited and hope to see you soon. thanks

Andrew Hall

First – fix your link above to drop the ‘.’ from the Twitter link. It is not working.

More importantly, best of luck on this! A great idea and I am looking forward to trying it.

A.

drew
    Participant

Yeah, best of luck. Also looking forward to it!

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Awesome, can’t wait.

Columbusite

I’m already sold on it even though I don’t know what a Japanese crepe would consist of…*fixed*.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    First – fix your link above to drop the ‘.’ from the Twitter link. It is not working.

Fixed. ;)

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Intrigued. I wish you well and keep us updated.

foodiecart

thx for the support! the major difference between a japanese crepe and others is the thickness. Our crepe will be pretty thin.

KSquared

This looks interesting, can’t wait to try it!

Tenzo
    Participant

foodiecart wrote >>
    thx for the support! the major difference between a japanese crepe and others is the thickness. Our crepe will be pretty thin.

Welcome. Please post where you will be for us ludites who don’t twitter.

I’m already sold on it even though I don’t know what a Japanese crepe would consist of…*fixed*.

It appears the Japanese recipe uses self rising flour and less dairy products. In some cases substituting soy milk.

Out of general interest, are they vegan?

foodiecart

no they aren’t vegan, but we will work on one if the demand is there. we have limited space so we opted for the gluten-free and original. we may try to make the gluten-free crepe vegan as well. not sure yet.

foodiecart

we might be able to make a vegan crepe with japanese mountain potato and soymilk. we will play with this today.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

what sorts of ingredients are in a japacrepe?

i love japanese food and crepes.

pinkgloomy
    Participant

I miss J crepes so much, got one every time I went to Harajuku. I’m so excited! >_<

HeySquare
    Participant

If they are anything like okonomiyaki, I am *so* there.

(Damn you, Bear. For getting me hooked on that crack.)

(And THANK YOU, Bear. For getting me hooked on that crack.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: