Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jacks Downtown Diner

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Jacks Downtown Diner

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  heresthecasey 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

downtown2
    Participant

Any news on when or if Jacks will open again? It’s been closed for awhile.

Graybeak
    Participant

According to their facebook page:

Thanks to everyone who has inquired about Jack’s. I want to apologize for our absence and for the delayed response to your posts. After a series of unfortunate events, we’re glad to announce that we will be re-opening on Monday July 20, 2015 during our regular business hours. We appreciate your concern and hope to see you sometime soon.

jOHnH
    Participant

Now if they were only open 24hrs. Or just late night…

ehill27
    Participant

…or just weekends.

PS- The start of this thread had me worried. I love me some Jacks.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

I had never heard of Jacks Diner. Even though I feel like I know downtown pretty well I had to look up its location. Thanks to this thread I plan to try them out after they reopen.

ehill27
    Participant

It’s pretty middle-of-the-road food, but it’s obscenely cheap and the people are super nice. It’s a throwback place, reminds me of my old-school Jersey diners… except for the hours.

Get a milk shake. It’s made with real ice cream. Imagine that!

cadillackid
    Participant

any word on it? ive been trying to go there for the last 2 months and the Neon in the front windows is lit up but its never open.. at least not for breakfast when ive tried to go a few times..

are they defunct forever??

I really need to find another good crispy-hashbrowns and crisp-bacon breakfast joint if they are gone!
    -Christopher

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

any word on it? ive been trying to go there for the last 2 months and the Neon in the front windows is lit up but its never open.. at least not for breakfast when ive tried to go a few times..

are they defunct forever??

I really need to find another good crispy-hashbrowns and crisp-bacon breakfast joint if they are gone!<br>
    -Christopher

The breakfast at Lexi’s is pretty good and cheap, especially compared to the rest of the menu. $5.50 gets you 2 eggs, toast, bacon as crispy as you would like and the same for hashbrowns.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’ve never been, wow what a charming diner.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Love Jacks, but I had a horrible experience the one time I went to Lexi’s. Is Jack’s gone forever? :(

OSURob
    Participant

Jacks has got to be gone. They have had that sign up about coming back soon displayed for months. Give Lexi’s another try. The Clevelander is the best deal downtown for $7. Just call ahead!

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

According to their Facebook page they are coming back, but several promised reopening dates have come and gone now…

https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Downtown-Diner-308315918037

heresthecasey
    Participant

:-(

I love Jacks, hope they are able to work out whatever there issues are and reopen.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Love Jacks, but I had a horrible experience the one time I went to Lexi’s. Is Jack’s gone forever? :(

I get breakfast at Lexi’s more than I would like to admit. I’ve never really had an issue other than they forgot the bacon once or twice. The wait can be long sometimes, but like someone else said just call ahead and you’re good to go.

deedee941
    deedee941
    Participant

There’s a huge article about Jack’s reopening in today’s Dispatch Metro section:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/10/jacks-diner.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: