Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jack Whitney's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Jack Whitney's

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

ches08
    Participant

Why doesn’t anything in that area ever succeed? I work in the same block as Frezno and Jack Whitney’s and I am always so excited when some place opens as a lunch option. No sooner do I get hooked on one of their items do they close.

Walker said:
    Via Facebook:

Jack Whitney’s is closed indefinitely, more details coming soon.

Sorry to hear this.

In our opinion the more options in the Brewery District the more we all benefit. We hate to see this space not be utilized again.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

ches08 said:
    Why doesn’t anything in that area ever succeed? I work in the same block as Frezno and Jack Whitney’s and I am always so excited when some place opens as a lunch option. No sooner do I get hooked on one of their items do they close.

It’s like the centrally located Continent.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Somebody needs to open something that is original, of high quality, that’s well branded and well thought out. When people open places with a menu that says, “I want to be everything to everybody” and a brand that feels like it was thought up in an evening, it’s not going to create a buzz, and it’s not going to become a destination for people.

The more sophisticated Columbus becomes as a food town (and we still have a long way to go) the more often places that don’t bring their ‘A’ game will fail. Simple as that.

I don’t wish any ill will on Kevin and Lori Ames, I wish them all the best. Just being honest.

News
    Participant

The Brewery District Restaurant Shuffle
    Published on January 8, 2014 12:00 pm
    By: Walker

“For reasons that are still unclear to us, the landlord at 520 South Front Street has asked us to cease operations immediately,” said the Ames’ in a statement released today. “While it was not our decision to close the thriving restaurant, we have regrouped and come up with a plan that we are very excited about.”

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-brewery-district-restaurant-shuffle

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: