Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jack Whitney's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Jack Whitney's

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Jack Whitney’s Opening in Former Handke’s Space

Published on October 30, 2013 8:00 am

By: Walker

When we last visited 520 South Front Street, it was on the eve of the closure of McCasky’s Grille, a short-lived three-month venture that failed to attract the same kind of following that renowned Chef Harmut Handke did there for the 18 years prior. Local restaurateurs Kevin and Lori Ames are ready to give the space a shot starting next month when they reopen the venue as Jack Whitney’s.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/jack-whitneys-bar-grill-opening-in-former-handkes-space

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

…wait, Dagwoodz Mac and Cheese?!?

If they open for breakfast with some of Dagwoodz old menu, I think it would kill right there.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I would like an order of spicy cheese fondue dumped all over a house made sausage platter.

kthx.

Frezno

The Cellar at Jack Whitneys( former Handkes downstairs) is now booking Xmas parties, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, and birthday parties for 25-250. Email [email protected] or call 824-4367 for details and catering menus. Separate bar and new dance floor make this stunning space even more spectacular.

Frezno

Grand opening tomorrow! Open at 11 am. Please join us in the Brewery District lunch , happy hour, dinner and late nite! Fabulous food and cocktails!

johnwashere
    Participant

So excited for this! I was so disappointed when mccasksys closed. It was a nice place and I actually liked the food. I will be there tomorrow night. Kevin is an awesome guy!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looking forward to checking it out!

Frezno

Today’s the day!

News
    Participant

First Look: Jack Whitney’s Bar & Grill
    Published on November 22, 2013 1:45 pm
    By: Walker

With only a few short weeks of renovations between announcement and opening, Jack Whitney’s has quickly reopened the doors at 520 South Front Street, the former home to McCasky’s Grill and Handke’s Cuisine. The new restaurant and bar debuted today at lunchtime, and we were able to drop by to grab some photos of the main space, the cavernous private event space underground, and a couple of menu items as well.

PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-jack-whitneys-bar-grill

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

Are they going to post their menu? I have never been able to find one for Frezno either. I’ve been trying to go to Frezno but the gf wont go because she doesn’t know what the menu is like and wants to make sure she will like it. The same goes with Jack Whitneys. Please post a menu up somewhere.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sorry, all I have is a paper version.

It’s a little hard to read, but Frezno’s menu is here:

Shelley Mann
    Shelley Mann
    Participant

Menu is up on their Facebook page now! Here ya go.

Frezno

Thanks to all who came out for the opening last nite. Come to the brewery district and watch the Bucks and more on 12 big screens .open at 3 today!!!!!!

Slainte
    Participant

Was able to swing by Jack Whitney’s on Friday. Really simple menu, but has all of the basics you could ask for- wings, burgers, grilled cheese. Great beer selection. Really appreciated all of the local brews on tap and in bottle!

woofman
    Participant

Stopped by last night with a group of 4 and we had the garden salad, mac n cheese (YUM)*, fancy grilled cheese (YUM)*, turkey chili, wings and drinks. Yes it is a simple menu, but the food was very tasty and affordable. Good beer (Seventh Son Black Sheep Stout-YUM)* selection and service too. We’ll definitely go back.

*YUM denotes items I indulged in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: