Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jack-FM 98.9 - Finally a REALLY different radio station hits town!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Jack-FM 98.9 – Finally a REALLY different radio station hits town!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

Walker said:
    Most newer car radios have an auxiliary jack of some sort you can plug a phone/ipod into for music. bjones did say “drive or bike or bus” so it’s not too hard to listen while busing or biking. ;)

Sorry about your data plan. :(

Sorry about your JackFM. :(

Auxiliary jack is great. Sadly my 2007 doesn’t have one. But the point is, if you can’t access the internet for all those wonderful apps or webpages, they are useless. Same argument made when biking or busing.

The data plan is a victim of the greedy cell phone companies. It is what it is. Perhaps once they fill the city with free wi-fi, it won’t be a problem.

Not mine, but a pleasant alternative to listen to, regardless of how annoying their promo spots of people calling in thinking they are amusing were.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Graybeak said:
    Not mine, but a pleasant alternative to listen to, regardless of how annoying their promo spots of people calling in thinking they are amusing were.

Yeah, I enjoyed it for what it was. Heard at least two Prince songs in its final week, which is always fun to sing along to in the car.

Liner Notes
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    So what your saying is that you drive, bike or take the bus around Columbus with your record player attached? Yes investing in great records/cd’s/mp3 is a great way of listening to the music you want, but records are not mobile and last time I checked you can’t make a mixed record. CD’s you can only mix 10-13 tracks on one CD. mp3’s are great, especially you can buy them from walmart for what .89 cents. However when I’ve ever made a mixed anything I know while listening to the mix music that I’ll be picky because I have too many music selections to choose from or I’ll listen to a handful of songs until I’m singing them in my sleep. Unlike radio that unless you change the dial your forced to listen to that song. 98.9 gave you that EXTRA option of music and different type of humor, that other radio stations in Columbus do not bring.

I’ll listen to a band like Fun on WNCI, then change it to 106.7 to listen to System of a Down. Then maybe even a classic rock station or even Power 107.5 but all those stations are pre-formated. Now Jack F.M was nice because they played what they wanted, aka music that at one time was top 40 on charts.

Again, records/cd/mp3 collections are nice, but i highly doubt that unless your a music guru you’ll find that right mix of songs like you would on 98.9.

Wow you guys really do get lost in your own mess, don’t you?

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: