Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

J. Gumbo's Expanding Their Patio Down Pearl Alley

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining J. Gumbo’s Expanding Their Patio Down Pearl Alley

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

J. Gumbo’s, located at the corner of Pearl & Gay recently got their permit approved to expand their patio down Pearl Alley. They’ve got a temporary setup for now and metal railing is being fabricated for a nicer permanent patio setup. Photos below:

It’s good to see positive signs that they are expanding. Another success story for Gay st and Pearl Alley!

I’ll just +1 to that. lol

Columbusite

Nice.

JonMyers
    Participant

I love that alley. One of my favorite spots in Columbus. I wish it got rockin at night.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sounds like they are slowly working on some facade improvement including newer signage and awnings and whatnot. Should be looking nicer and nicer as they continue to upgrade.

johnwashere
    Participant

Excellent. I like J Gumbos a lot :) I agree, Pearl Alley is nice setup and its close to my office!

lisathewaitress
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    I love that alley. One of my favorite spots in Columbus. I wish it got rockin at night.

+1

Great people and a great place. So glad the patio expansion is coming to fruition. Grow Gay & Peral, grow!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

JonMyers wrote >>

Step 1. Give El Arepazo & J. Gumbo’s Liquor Licenses.
    Step 2. Upgrade Patio at Ringside.
    Step 3. Overhaul the Thai place in Lynn Alley and redo their patio space.
    Step 4. Add a permanent live music stage near Rhodes Tower.

Step 5. Profit? ;)

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Is this in the cards? Because that would be tremendous.

JonMyers
    Participant

Sounds like a plan Walker.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

MichaelC wrote >>

Is this in the cards? Because that would be tremendous.

Not that I’m aware of. There are temporary stages set up for special events, but it would be great to have a small stage that could host smaller bands, djs, and other performers during just about every weeknight.

I also forgot… the alleys need more decorative lighting for night time. Even if it’s just a matter of stringing white Christmas lights overhead, I think it would go a long way to add some nighttime aesthetic.

Urbanboi

Lets work on getting our downtown streets rockin before we start on the alley ways.

Urbanboi wrote >>
    Lets work on getting our downtown streets rockin before we start on the alley ways.

I’d say our Pearl Alley is keeping some of our streets rocking (tentatively). Pearl and Lynn Alleys seemed to have kept High St, Gay, and Broad pretty rockin, it was very vibrant yesterday from 11a until 3. We do need more after 5 things. We need more clothing and retail to hold people around or create a destination between 5 and 10p, before people head over to Park street. I really like the permanent stage for artists Walker.

tudor1610

There was a time not long ago when there was live music in the alley every Thurs evening. I would go there with friends. Everyone loved the vibe. It would be great if there was a permanent stage for free live music regularly Thurs through Saturday. Including the decorative lighting Walker suggested. My friends and I would love to chill on one of the patios, have martinis, or a beer (or both) and enjoy great music and check out the crowd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE