Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

J. Gumbo's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining J. Gumbo’s

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author

JGumbos
    Participant

@johnwashere – thanks for the feedback. We’re considering keeping the Chicken Red Hot (aka Buffalo Chicken) on the menu permanently. It’ll be on the menu through the Fall if not permanently. You’ll definitely have to check out happy hour as we have several $4 small plates, including a trio of slider sandwiches with a mix and match of Voodoo Chicken, Drunken Chicken and Buffalo Chicken and they’re accompanied with a side of Zapp’s chips. I see a trio of buffalo chicken sliders in your future!

Also, stay tuned for details about a CU/JGumbo’s event in August!

See you soon.
    ~Chad

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I ate there today with my sister and we absolutely loved it. I had the Jean Lafiite Burrito Bowl and my sister had the Bumblebee Stew. Both were delicious. Really looking forward to stopping back soon.

JGumbos
    Participant

Thanks Mister Shifter, we appreciate the support and I’m glad you liked it! Actually, I think I helped you….towards the end of lunch? See you soon and hope you can make it to this Thursdsys CU Happy Hour at J. Gumbo’s.

JGumbos
    Participant

CU Happy Hour Meet Up this Thursday, Aug 25 – hope to see you there!
    http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/cu-happy-hour-meetup-at-j-gumbos-downtown-thur-aug-25

Mister Shifter
    Participant

JGumbos said:
    Thanks Mister Shifter, we appreciate the support and I’m glad you liked it! Actually, I think I helped you….towards the end of lunch? See you soon and hope you can make it to this Thursdsys CU Happy Hour at J. Gumbo’s.

Yep, that was me! It was my first time visiting, and I really enjoyed it. I’ll definitely be back soon, as I wanted to try quite a few other things on the menu that sounded great.

Keep up the good work.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yum! Mini King Cakes at J. Gumbo’s Downtown today! Only $1.50 and maybe 30 of them left!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It’s Customer Appreciation Day! All bowls are only $3.99! ;)

http://www.columbusunderground.com/ai1ec_event/customer-appreciation-day

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Aw man, I already brought my lunch to work :-(

Chrysee
    Participant

lol damnit Walker. I saw this and immediately took my lunch break and called my husband to come from his job across town. There’s a long but fast moving line. Well out the door when we were finished. Totes worth it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There were only 3 people out the door when I stopped by. Only took 10-12 minutes. They move fast there.

Graybeak
    Participant

Indeed, I got there about 11:55 and stood in line in the alley and still was in and out in under 10 minutes. So tasty.

JGumbos
    Participant

Thanks to everyone who joined us and who waited through the long lines. We’re glad to hear that the lines moved quickly and that everything was tasty!

Our 5 year anniversary on Gay Street is mid-July…we’ll have to come up with something really special.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Email:

Please join J. Gumbo’s at our Downtown Columbus location (31 E. Gay Street) for our next Customer Appreciation event this Monday, May 12. Big Bowl Entrees will be $3.99! We’ll be open our regular hours of 11am-7:30pm and the special will be available all day long — so join us for lunch, dinner or happy hour (and enjoy your dinner with an Abita Beer).

Please see the attached promo card and consider sharing with your contacts and social networks. You may also use/reference this URL: http://on.fb.me/1isD9Tr

https://www.facebook.com/jgumboscolumbusohio

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

no love for the campus location?

Graybeak
    Participant

They can appreciate their own customers.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: