Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

J. Gumbo's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining J. Gumbo’s

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

Why is that crayfish so delighted about cooking its own bretheren?

groundrules
    Participant

artbomb112 wrote >>
    All I know is that the Bumblebee Stew is awesome at J.Gumbos. I sometimes wish the bread or chips were better… but then I remember I’m eating for $5 and I quit worrying about it. I would be willing to pay an extra dollar or two for better chips or bread.. but the stew has never been anything less than awesome.

i’d agree with you if it were only $5. most stuff is more like $7, which kinda puts it in the good bread category.

KSquared

While J Gumbo’s isn’t bad and I eat there when it’s convenient, DaLevee beats it by a long shot. The prices are similar, Justin’s food at DaLevee has more flavor and I love the bread he serves with his food. Also, the portions at DaLevee mean that I can actually get two meals out of a full order if I manage to control myself.

catmaster

joev wrote >>

Because it’s just that good.

groundrules
    Participant

catmaster wrote >>

joev wrote >>

Because it’s just that good.

I think he’s just psyched to be on that side of the pot.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

J. Gumbo’s downtown *just* installed really nice new red awnings and a sign out front, they look terrific and really brighten up the corner. Their patio is now open and Chad tells me they recently acquired a beer license. Awesome developments on Gay Street.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

lizless wrote >>
    J. Gumbo’s downtown *just* installed really nice new red awnings and a sign out front, they look terrific and really brighten up the corner. Their patio is now open and Chad tells me they recently acquired a beer license. Awesome developments on Gay Street.

Photos: http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/j-gumbo/page/3#post-367856

;)

JGumbos
    Participant

Thanks, Walker for posting the pics. We love the new awnings and sign. The response today was incredible. Anne, neon would have been cool, but we had a limited budget and commission guidelines to consider. We’re hoping to add lighting in the future. We’re proud to be a part of the growing Gay Street District and we felt that an addition like this would really enhance the neighborhood. We hope you join us for our new happy hour (starting soon), it’s going to take a lot of beer sales to pay for the signage:)

We welcome all feedback. Thanks to the feedback about the chips on this thread, we switched them out about 3 weeks ago and as artbomb112 can attest (since he’s had the new chips), they are much better.

Thanks to everyone for your support of us and the other great Gay Street merchants!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

J. Gumbo’s Happy Hour Menu!

JGumbos
    Participant

Walker, thanks for posting the new happy hour menu. We’ve been thrilled by the support and the happy hour business. For those familiar with our day-time fast casual style…the happy hour service is a full-service, sit-down style with a server. So, kick back, put your feet up and enjoy some great drinks and food. Our hours of operation are 11a-7p (M-F) with happy hour prices and service from 3p-7p, if we’re busier, we’ll stay open based on traffic in the area. Also, we just celebrated our two year anniversary this week and we’d like to say thanks to everyone for their support!

Went here the other day and ordered the Jean Lafitte. Maybe I made a poor choice but I found it to be almost inedible. I hate to waste food that I pay for but I barely ate half of it and found it tasted awful. Like I said, maybe I just made a poor choice or something was off that day but I really didn’t like it and probably won’t be back here. I’ll be sticking to Creole Kitchen.

JGumbos
    Participant

@buffalos, I’m sorry to hear about your less than pleasant experience. We offer free samples of all of our products, so if you do decide to come back, please ask us for a sample of anything so that we can try to find something that you’d like — or, just bring the item back and we’ll try to find something else for you, give you a refund or give you a gift card. Obviously, we don’t want to lose your business, but can respect the fact that you prefer another place. If you do ever come back, please ask for me, Chad — I’m the owner. If I’m not around and you have feedback/comments/etc about that experience, I’d love to hear from you. You can message me here on CU or via email at [email protected] or call me at 614-469-9900. Thanks!

JGumbos said:
    @buffalos, I’m sorry to hear about your less than pleasant experience. We offer free samples of all of our products, so if you do decide to come back, please ask us for a sample of anything so that we can try to find something that you’d like — or, just bring the item back and we’ll try to find something else for you, give you a refund or give you a gift card. Obviously, we don’t want to lose your business, but can respect the fact that you prefer another place. If you do ever come back, please ask for me, Chad — I’m the owner. If I’m not around and you have feedback/comments/etc about that experience, I’d love to hear from you. You can message me here on CU or via email at [email protected] or call me at 614-469-9900. Thanks!

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. If I do happen to go back I will certainly let you know how that experience went.

jus10dk
    Participant

Had a great time and great food this afternoon… Thanks.

johnwashere
    Participant

I love J gumbos! I havent been in awhile but I will have to check out happy hour soon. I hope they keep the buffalo chicken on the menu. Everything I and my friends have had has always been awesome. Its nice having something different. Cant beat the price either.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: