Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

iTunes ate my playlists

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat iTunes ate my playlists

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    Mike, you have known me for 23 years. Have you ever known me to be sane? Besides, what other software can I use to control the music on my iPod?

google. there’s a whole list of software that can handle ipods

or you can sell the ipod and buy a better mp3 player that doesn’t restrict you to special software to use it. i’m rather fond of the sansa players myself. you can even run alternate firmwares on those if you decide you need more features.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    google. there’s a whole list of software that can handle ipods

or you can sell the ipod and buy a better mp3 player that doesn’t restrict you to special software to use it. i’m rather fond of the sansa players myself. you can even run alternate firmwares on those if you decide you need more features.

I just keep hoping that Steve Jobs is someplace toasty warm with lots of guys with pitchforks and cloven hooves keeping him hopping.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Another year; another iTunes rant. I will skip the details. iTunes has moved my music around. My music folder is one big mess with several folders in different directories for each album. I am going to find alternative software. I love the user interface with my old iPod classic; I just hate the software. I am going to need to spend a lot of time getting my 4,000 songs back into some kind of sensible order.

I am looking at replacement management software for the iPod Generation 6. Rockbox is only good up to iPod G 5.5 (though it can work with the G 6 if I use EmCORE first.). I will research this.

Any suggestions.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

For now I will limp along using iTunes. But why…oh why…can’t it figure out that it created duplicate tracks in the database? Every foolish song in my collection is listed twice in each album. You would think that the geniuses at Apple would have, after 10 years, fixed this problem? I can search out duplicates one.file.at.a.time. With 4,000 files that would take a little while.

Un-freaking-believable.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Curious. I spent forever getting my music organized. I finally decided to add it to a clean install of iTunes. Most of my music loaded…all but one album. Sadly, it is one of my favorite albums and iTunes absolutely refuses to add it to my music library.

I will see if I can convince it to add the version that was in my previous iTunes library. Wish me luck.

No joy. What the hell does iTunes have against Brahms?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.