Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

it was nice while it lasted jeni's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion it was nice while it lasted jeni's

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

racheltb
    Participant

mmmm….chocolate flavored coating….

DavidF
    Participant

Scooping now. Goat cheese and cognac figs. Love Jeni’s (and Whits, and Graeters, and Cold Stone, and UDF and etc.)

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Coremodels said:

that looks damned tasty

tourist19
    Participant

joev said:
    Their peach ice cream is GREAT! I love Jeni’s, too. But I hope the flavors with cake mixed in are a trend that’s ending.

I second all of this. I love cake. I love ice cream. I love cake with ice cream. I am damn sick of cake crumbs in all my ice cream though.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stopped in today to check out Whit’s. Good stuff. Kids enjoyed it. I had the Oreo Whitser (Blizzard) and would definitely order it again. A nice option for when you want something comforting like that and still want to go with the local option. Nice addition to the Short North.

geoyui
    Participant

I see them as 2 different niches within the ice cream realm. Whit’s seems to provide the traditional (chocolate, vanilla, banana splits), while Jeni provides the experimental (cognac fig and goat cheese).

I don’t think Whit’s will lower Jeni’s prices. Has Graeters had any affect on Jeni’s? Probably not. So let’s just have them both flourish and leave it at that.

Roland
    Participant

Graeter’s has increased their prices in the past year. Probably not the influence you were hoping for. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: