Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

it was nice while it lasted jeni's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion it was nice while it lasted jeni's

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author

bman
    Participant

I don’t think Jeni’s business strategy is predicated on price. Jeni’s is niche market for high quality unique ice cream.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I am 3 said:
    whatever – try it out and see for yourself. or don’t.

I’ve had Whit’s twice. Once in Sunbury and once in Granville. And it’s good. And I’m sure I’ll have it more often once it’s in the Short North.

But I don’t wish any ill will on Jeni’s in the process.

I am 3

bman said:
    I don’t think Jeni’s business strategy is predicated on price. Jeni’s is niche market for high quality unique ice cream.

I don’t know about that – didn’t they just push all there prices up? I’ve only been in once in the last few months, but didn’t they get rid of there single scoop cone to push people to the 2 scoops? sandwich prices increased a dollar as well i believe (5 to 6) which is a huge jump in retail.

I am 3

Walker said:
    I’ve had Whit’s twice. Once in Sunbury and once in Granville. And it’s good. And I’m sure I’ll have it more often once it’s in the Short North.

But I don’t wish any ill will on Jeni’s in the process.

well said, and I agree.

I will say that I am very happy to be able to walk down and get ice cream without spending 15+ bucks anymore for 2-3 people. I do think that competition will help keep the costs reasonable.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Jeni’s is expensive. It is also very tasty. Sometimes I get Jeni’s sometimes I go to Orange leaf, sometimes you just need a peanut buster parfait from the DQ.

The reason that Jeni’s is so expensive is that the product they put out is amazingly in depth. It aint just cream sugar and eggs. We have her book. It takes a whole afternoon to make a batch of her stuff. It is crazy good. Not an everyday thing, but once you see what she does to make her ice cream, you understand why it is four bucks a cone.

Cookie

Coremodels said:
    You should have opened with this.

He opened with this.

bman
    Participant

I am 3 said:
    I don’t know about that – didn’t they just push all there prices up? I’ve only been in once in the last few months, but didn’t they get rid of there single scoop cone to push people to the 2 scoops? sandwich prices increased a dollar as well i believe (5 to 6) which is a huge jump in retail.

How does this move NOT prove my point. Their market wil tolerate the price increase.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I am 3 said:
    I do think that competition will help keep the costs reasonable.

I doubt it will have any effect. When Da Levee opened did Rigsby’s drop their prices? No, because there’s enough of a market to support more affordable options and more expensive options.

The same holds true for Jeni’s & Whit’s, I’m sure.

Hopefully Whit’s struck a good deal on rent in The Dakota. Coldstone couldn’t cut it on The Cap. Though their issues weren’t entirely location based.

cheap

has the Whit’s in Karric Square closed yet?

that place is dead.horrible location,stuck between 2 bars.

good stuff,but a little overpriced.(who isn’t)

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Damnit….well hell froze or something. There’s a thread on CU I actually agree with Bman on.

catnfiddle
    Participant

If 5XNW / Grandview can have a GAZILLION pizza places and see them all thrive, Short North can manage with more than one place for frozen goodness. The initial tone of this thread is a silly one, but one that appears to have been recanted. The troll has had both flavors and is now having a sugar fit.

chadderosu

Some times you feel like a nut…some times you don’t. LOL.. Two totally different products and I truly feel there’s room for both. There will always be those that pick a side and stick by it to the end, but really these are both a great product and it ultimately will come down to what you want that day. I’ve had times that I prefer Union and there are others I’d prefer Level. So..same may apply here. Again, sometimes you feel like a nut…sometimes you don’t.

ZHC

chadderosu said:
    Two totally different products and I truly feel there’s room for both.

+1

If I am 3 wants Whit’s to stay in business, I think he/she should tone it down a bit.

cbus11

Lol, I think I must be the last person on earth who still gets an occasional scoop from UDF.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: