Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

it was nice while it lasted jeni's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion it was nice while it lasted jeni's

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

I am 3

once people find out about whits and how much better it is to jenis, it will be nice to see people move down the block when they realize they can pay 1/2 the price for a much superior product:

Whit’s Frozen Custard Opening in The Short North

three cheers to competition! maybe this will help make her prices slightly more reasonable

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I am 3 said:
    once people find out about whits and how much better it is to jenis, it will be nice to see people move down the block when they realize they can pay 1/2 the price for a much superior product:

Whit’s Frozen Custard Opening in The Short North

three cheers to competition! maybe this will help make her prices slightly more reasonable

LOL…yes, after their 6 years of continuous operations, this should finally crack the seal on the secret that is Whit’s.

Or something.

I am 3

Coremodels said:
    LOL…yes, after their 6 years of continuous operations, this should finally crack the seal on the secret that is Whit’s.

Or something.

that doesn’t make much sense – but hey ,its a nice Sunday afternoon enjoy whatever it is your smoking!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Why should one local business suffer because of another? There’s plenty of room to go around, and more than enough people to support both.

Three cheers to more options for Short North goers!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I am 3 said:
    that doesn’t make much sense – but hey ,its a nice Sunday afternoon enjoy whatever it is your smoking!

Whit’s has been in business for 6 years. They actually have more locations than Jeni’s.

They don’t, however, have their product sold almost nationwide at retail level. They don’t, however, have write ups ranging from Food & Wine Magazine to the New York Times. They also don’t have a book with an almost 5 star rating for sale on Amazon. I also can’t really tell if Whit’s sources locally…at all…which is kind of important to some folks.

I do see they offer a salty caramel…

I like Whit’s, but trying to slam a very successful local business with a product that has brought national renown to the city in order to promote a much less successful one is moronic.

I am 3

Walker said:
    Why should one local business suffer because of another? There’s plenty of room to go around, and more than enough people to support both.

Three cheers to more options for Short North goers!

uhhhhhh – not been in too many board meetings have you walker

but agreed – options for short north goers a very good thing for US :)

I am 3

Coremodels said:
    Whit’s has been in business for 6 years. They actually have more locations than Jeni’s.

They don’t, however, have their product sold almost nationwide at retail level. They don’t, however, have write ups ranging from Food & Wine Magazine to the New York Times. They also don’t have a book with an almost 5 star rating for sale on Amazon. I also can’t really tell if Whit’s sources locally…at all…which is kind of important to some folks.

I do see they offer a salty caramel…

I like Whit’s, but trying to slam a very successful local business with a product that has brought national renown to the city in order to promote a much less successful one is moronic.

if i consider a commodity over priced, that more of a knock on the management’s pricing not the commodity. did not say jeni’s sucks (it doesn’t – I wouldn’t know anyway on half the flavors, I cant afford it :)), just whits is better.

I’m not slamming jenis I just look very forward to competition for ice cream dollars

catnfiddle
    Participant

Let the trolls feed upon ice cream!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I am 3 said:
    if i consider a commodity over priced, that more of a knock on the management’s pricing not the commodity.

I’m positive Ms. Britton-Bauer is grateful for the advice. Clearly her business model needs a complete revamp.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

I am 3 said:

I’m not slamming jenis I just look very forward to competition for ice cream dollars

so… looking forward to something that’s been around for years. uh. ok then.

I am 3

catnfiddle said:
    Let the trolls feed upon ice cream!

is that trio or study? that dude has had a few too many of either i suppose… :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I am 3 said:
    I’m not slamming jenis

I am 3 said:
    it was nice while it lasted jeni’s

I am 3

Walker said:

whatever – try it out and see for yourself. or don’t. I am happy to have an alternative to jenis in the short north besides dairy mart at a much better price, and am thinking a lot of other people will too :) good luck to both!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I am 3 said:
    whatever – try it out and see for yourself. or don’t. I am happy to have an alternative to jenis in the short north besides dairy mart at a much better price, and am thinking a lot of other people will too :) good luck to both!

You should have opened with this.

I am 3

Coremodels said:
    You should have opened with this.

but that would have been boring

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: