Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This topic contains 131 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Coremodels Coremodels 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I read an interview about him gaining all the weight for this…that’s not makeup.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

That’s some dedication. I wonder if he’s broken any records with a 50 pound weight gain for a cable tv comedy.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

well, there was kirstie alley and cheers, but i don’t think that was on purpose.

(and don’t point out that wasn’t cable, you’ll just suck all the funny out of the joke . . .)

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

That’s the beauty of working with your wife on a comedy show, she’s legally required to be alright with you getting fat for a joke.

Actor weight fun-facts off the top of my head:
    -Christian Bale lost ~60 lb for The Machinist
    -Sylvester Stallone gained ~40 lb for Cop Land
    -I would have sex with Kirstie Alley so fast they’d have to call the fire department

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

okay I did some research:
    -Vincent D’Onofrio gained ~70 lb for Full Metal Jacket
    -Edward Norton gained ~30 lb for American History X
    -Renee Zellweger gains weight every time they make a new Bridget Jones movie, despite the producers’ increasingly-frustrated requests; I think she’s up to something like 680 lb now.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

JimL2 said:
    Actor weight fun-facts off the top of my head:
    -Christian Bale lost ~60 lb for The Machinist

Not only did he lose 63 pounds for that movie (which was a great movie, btw) he followed it up with gaining 100 pounds of muscle to play Batman six months later.

But that’s why I specifically asked about weight gain for a cable TV comedy. I can’t imagine Rob McElhenney is making as much money as Christian Bale.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Jeez, I forgot about that. He weighed 120 lb during Machinist filming, so he basically grew a four-foot replica of himself, entirely of muscle. And according to wikipedia he then dropped 40 of those muscle-pounds when the director told him that Batman wasn’t supposed to be a hulking monster. Meanwhile I don’t even have the willpower to do push-ups despite having a notarized certificate from my doctor explaining that my heart is a condemned structure.

Anyway I don’t have cable, but I think Billy Ray Cyrus’ wife gained nine lb so he could get on a TV show. <— (the joke is that the weight was miley cyrus)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Note to Jim: When you have a baby you gain more weight than just the baby’s weight.

(The joke is that I’m ruining your joke)

Also, just to steer this back on topic. Please read the following in yelling voices:

(Set: Paddy’s Pub)
    CHARLIE: No way, dude! Batman gained way more weight than you!
    MAC: But that was baby weight, bro!
    DEE: Whhhhaaat? Batman didn’t have a baby you moron!
    MAC: It was all over the news, Dee! Bat boy was Batman’s baby! It’s going to be in the new movie!
    (Dennis enters the room)
    DENNIS: Superman’s baby could kick Batman’s baby’s ass any day of the week. But that’s not important right now. Listen up, gang. I’ve got a great idea of how we can spend the next 22 minutes yelling at each other about something else.
    (Frank farts)

/end fanfic

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

wait, is that what you call “steering us back on topic?” That fanfic was so awful I’ve forgotten what the topic was!

I’m hereby challenging you to an Always Sunny fanfic write-off, with the following rules:
    -I forget this one
    -You must use me as a character, and I must use you (reverse self-insertion)
    -Bonus points if you’re drunk while writing it
    -NO GREEN MAN

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ok, you go first.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

What, and let you steal all my ideas? Nice try. We both post them at the same time, like rock-paper-scissors. Except that unlike rock-paper-scissors, in this game, there can only be one winner.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Fat Mac arrives tonight.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

There’s another, more in depth video with the old cast and the new cast interacting that’s hilarious.

bayrea
    Participant

Walker said:

I was amazed by the number of nitwits on the interwebs yesterday that thought this was real.. mind boggling.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 132 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.