Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Balboa — New restaurant in former Shoku space

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Balboa — New restaurant in former Shoku space

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Jared
    Jared
    Participant

The lights have been off the last few times I passed by.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I believe so. Heard a few rumors about an ownership transfer but no firm details yet. Stay tuned! ;)

CbusBiz
    Participant

Brian Swanson is taking over. Also trying to buy the building

Nancy H
    Participant

Is he doing this in addition to the Grandview Cafe or instead of?

CbusBiz
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CbusBiz wrote:</div>

Is he doing this in addition to the Grandview Cafe or instead of?

Both

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Thanks for the updates!

jdubilla
    Participant

Grandview Cafe just posted on Facebook that Shoku will reopen as Balboa. It’s expected to open this Spring.

dahopper
    Participant

Shoku is going to be a SoCal/Mexican place & the Grandview Cafe is going to be a restaurant… they will reopen soon!

OneBagTravel
    Participant

It’s going to be a socal tequila bar that’s open till 2am all week with a patio. I’m close enough to be effected by this. Currently looking for new accommodations lol

wpcc88
    Participant

It’s going to be a socal tequila bar that’s open till 2am all week with a patio. I’m close enough to be effected by this. Currently looking for new accommodations lol

It’s going to price a lot of people out, I don’t think you will have anything to worry about. Especially if you were there during the GC’s heyday.

RedStorm
    Participant

Balboa is shooting for a Cinco de Mayo opening. Add to that Big Mama’s Burritos and it’s a faux-Mexican takeover happening down Grandview Ave. (Local Cantina as well is right there).

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’m excited about Big Mama’s Burritos.

derm
    derm
    Participant

So the question is what is going to happen with parking?

When Studio 35 opens, plus Big Mamma, plus the two new places across the street in the old GC and Shoku? Studio 35 will have a 75 seat bar, patio, movie theater and has four parking spaces given to that building. The spots behind the Bank Block are Wagenbrenner property spots and none of them are for the theater. GC has no spots given it. You cannot street park around the corner. Shoku has about 6 spots in its front. Two to three hundred new people each weekend for ten parking spots. Wagenbrenner I have heard will post a guard behind the bank block to prevent theater parking. It will not be good parking wise.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So the question is what is going to happen with parking?

People will have to seek alternatives.

futureman
    Participant

Isn’t the PNC bank around the corner designated public parking after 5pm? I think they have around 25 spots and didn’t the Grandview Cafe use to have a half dozen or so spots in Panzera’s parking lot?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: