Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

iPhone Photography Courses

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A iPhone Photography Courses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shelley7180
    Participant

Is there anywhere in the Columbus area that offers photography courses specifically geared towards iPhones? I have Googled my fingers off, and have come up with zilch.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

iPhones are pretty basic point-and-shoot devices. They auto-focus and auto-balance and pretty much auto-do-everything-else.

I’d recommend maybe taking a traditional digital photography class and then read up on some online guides for iPhone-specific tips.

This might be a bigger commitment and cost than what you have in mind, but CSCC has a 2-class 6-credit-hour certificate for Digital Photography:

http://www.cscc.edu/academics/departments/pos15-16/foto/BASDIGFOTO.ICRT.pdf

http://www.cscc.edu/academics/departments/digital-photography/index.shtml

RealtorGregQuinn
    RealtorGregQuinn
    Participant

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: If you care about taking good pictures, learn about how to get the best lighting for your pictures. Learning how to light for a photographer is like learning how to read for a student, once you learn lighting you can pretty much do anything. Always remember it is all about the guitarist, not the guitar.

I agree with Walker, those classes can benefit you greatly. Plus, there are 100,000s of hours of photography instruction on YouTube. Plus, creativelive.com is a good resource as well. It’s free, if you find one of their live streams.

Some tips: Don’t put ppl under lights that is coming straight down like recessed lighting. You know how ppl put flashlights under their faces to look scary around a campfire? Well, the same thing pretty much happens when it’s above. Don’t put ppl in front of windows, your iphone doesn’t have enough dynamic range to expose correctly for the outdoor and indoor light. In low light, try NOT using the flash at first. You might be surprised at the results. I don’t the seeing washed out faces in a dark room. Get your photos onto a laptop and edit them. Find some editing software and experiment with your photos.

Have fun and if you need more help email me at [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION