Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

iPhone 5c and 5s announced

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion iPhone 5c and 5s announced

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

dru
    Participant

futureman said:
    I’ve heard the the S has been selling 3:1 to the C in the US on a couple of tech sites … which is good as the 5C is a waste.

Also, it appears iOS 7 has a pretty big bug in related to connecting to secured wifi networks (using certificates)… it can’t. Only way around it is using a profile, but you can’t manually join one of these networks. I’ve seen this on the osuwireless network obviously at OSU but I’m sure other schools have a similar wifi configuration.

so if you’re using iOS 7 you cannot connect to osuwireless?

GCrites80s
    Participant

futureman said:
    I’ve heard the the S has been selling 3:1 to the C in the US on a couple of tech sites … which is good as the 5C is a waste.

Why? I won’t be able to sell the metal case from an S to the scrapyard for $100, that’s for sure. People put covers over ’em anyway.

futureman
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    Why? I won’t be able to sell the metal case from an S to the scrapyard for $100, that’s for sure. People put covers over ’em anyway.

Everything thing I’ve seen is that the 5C is just a 5 wrapped in plastic. Same internals, same 12 month old phone, all for a premium price starting $550 off contract. The 5S actually is *new* phone, much improved internals which would make it more future proof and worth the $100 premium over the 5C.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

futureman said:

What about outside the US?

GCrites80s
    Participant

I don’t really need my stuff to be on the bleeding edge, so I’m cool with doing what China does in this case. My last phone was a flip phone. I don’t even know if I’m all that impressed with the smartphone concept anyway, though I’ve only had mine a few days. I needed something for local interactive weather radar when I’m working down at the farm where there’s no traditional internet access.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

GCrites80s said:I needed something for local interactive weather radar when I’m working down at the farm where there’s no traditional internet access.

i had that on my flip phone. it might have saved my life one day actually during a tornado incident in another state. but that’s another story. REALLY useful ‘app’ to have.

kind of a shame its getting harder to find a GOOD ‘feature phone’.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Would this be a good time to attempt to derail the thread by telling everyone I am very happy with my Samsung Note II? I have read that the Note II will get the next two OS upgrades, so I will probably be able to keep using this phone for another 3 years with any luck.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I miss my Motorola pager…it was translucent cranberry.

futureman
    Participant

Walker said:
    What about outside the US?

According this analyst the trend is similar or higher than the US with Japan going 5:1 with 5S vs 5C.

http://www.localytics.com/blog/2013/iphone-5s-outsells-5c-by-a-factor-of-3-4x-in-the-united-states-opening-weekend/

… but this is an analyst, so who knows if its accurate ;)

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER