Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

iPhone 5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

Just checked. I’ve got LTE showing up as well. Hooray!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Ditto. Finally!

pixiecrinkle
    Participant

Yes! I was grumbling all day about how weirdly slow the phone was acting, then yesterday evening the magical LTE showed up. I’d already traveled a couple of times (Atlanta, Cinci) and had it already, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately, within an hour, I cracked my screen too. OoOPS!

ricospaz
    Participant

The LTE is pretty amazing. Whereas I couldn’t get service in my work building yesterday, today I have full bars and quick downloads. So much for working!

News
    Participant

Apple Is Biggest U.S. Phone Seller for First Time
    By AP / Peter SvenssonFeb. 01, 2013

The launch of the iPhone 5 and the declining popularity of non-smartphones have made Apple the biggest seller of phones in the U.S. for the first time, research firm Strategy Analytics said Friday. The firm estimates that Apple shipped 17.7 million iPhones of all kinds to U.S. buyers in the October to December period, meaning it accounted for one in three new phones.

READ MORE: http://techland.time.com/2013/02/01/apple-is-biggest-u-s-phone-seller-for-first-time/

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I am not an Apple fan. I got a Samsung Galaxy Note II last weekend and I love it. The thing is huge, but it fits in my pocket just fine. It has a great screen and it is fast. I got an alternate color case (that incorporates a flip screen protector) so now my phone is about the same color as my lime green VW Beetle.

For those of you who do not want to give your business to Apple, give Samsung a thought.

buckette13

Looks like a month until 5.5(?) is released.

http://allthingsd.com/20130810/circle-sept-10-on-your-calendar-for-apples-big-iphone-event/

The fingerprint reader appeals to me as I have so much personal stuff on my phone.

RhondaH

Depending on the $$$ I will get one.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Supposedly they are going to be coming out with a plastic backed “budget” version. Personally I think they should just continue as they are with product cycles. Make last years model this years budget version, and the previous years version the free phone with 8gb of memory.

billbix

The ‘budget version’ is a slippery slope. I think Apple called it on the dot when they refused to make cheap netbooks.

Regarding this iphone it seems a pretty incremental update. I personally have never liked fingerprint readers and doubt I would use that feature on my phone.

mrmann

susank

I would get the 5c if the no contract price is affordable enough. I have had enough plastic phones that this wouldn’t bother me in the least.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: