Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

iPhone 5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Ready for iPhone 5? Apple announces event next week

By Brandon Griggs, CNN

Wed September 5, 2012 | Filed under: Gaming and Gadgets

(CNN) — It’s looking like Apple’s next version of its iconic smartphone will be called the iPhone 5. On Tuesday, the secretive company sent e-mails to members of the media, inviting them to an “invitation-only event” in San Francisco on Wednesday, September 12. The event is widely expected to be the launch of the next iPhone, but in typically cryptic Apple fashion, the invitation reveals little about what will be announced. The tagline says only, “It’s almost here.”

READ MORE: http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/tech/gaming-gadgets/apple-iphone-event/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

News
    Participant

[b]Apple Officially Reveals The iPhone 5: LTE, 4-Inch Retina Display, New A6 Chip, Lighter Than iPhone 4S[/b]
    CHRIS VELAZCO

[i]And just like that, months and months of breathless speculation have finally come to an end. Apple’s Phil Schiller has just officially announced the new iPhone 5 at the company’s massive press event here in San Francisco, less than a year since its predecessor was unveiled. Pre-orders for the iPhone 5 will begin on Friday, September 14, and the device will ship to lucky consumers starting on September 21.
    [/i]
    RED MORE: http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/12/apple-iphone-5-official/

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

[quote]The revamped camera also supports 1080p video capture, and users can now snap photos while recording video at the same time. [/quote]

That’s pretty cool. I’ve often been torn between snapping photos or recording video of kids birthdays and other events. Nice that you don’t have to pick one or the other and can do both. ;)

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Walker said:
    [quote]The revamped camera also supports 1080p video capture, and users can now snap photos while recording video at the same time. [/quote]

That’s pretty cool. I’ve often been torn between snapping photos or recording video of kids birthdays and other events. Nice that you don’t have to pick one or the other and can do both. ;)

I wonder how many billions HTC will sue them for?

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

geoyui
    Participant

when does the iphone 6 come out?

murfmurphy
    Participant

geoyui said:
    when does the iphone 6 come out?

In 2014. You could probably start waiting in line for it on September 22nd if you’re super hardcore.

groundrules
    Participant

so it says it’s thinner and the screen is bigger, but did the case change dimensions in the X-Y direction?

ricospaz
    Participant

It’s also lighter. I can’t wait to lose my first one.

News
    Participant

[b]Here’s what Real Racing 3 looks like on iPhone 5[/b]
    by Mike Suszek on Sep 12th 2012 7:00PM

[i]Take a good look at the screen above, because it’s from today’s live demo of Real Racing 3 at Apple’s press conference event for the iPhone 5. The EA Firemonkeys game, announced last month for iPad, will be optimized for the upcoming Apple device later this year.
    [/i]
    READ MORE: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/12/heres-what-real-racing-3-looks-like-on-iphone-5/

JonMyers
    Participant

[img]http://i.imgur.com/amu70.jpg[/img]

futureman
    Participant

News said:
    [b]Here’s what Real Racing 3 looks like on iPhone 5[/b]
    by Mike Suszek on Sep 12th 2012 7:00PM

[i]Take a good look at the screen above, because it’s from today’s live demo of Real Racing 3 at Apple’s press conference event for the iPhone 5. The EA Firemonkeys game, announced last month for iPad, will be optimized for the upcoming Apple device later this year.
    [/i]
    READ MORE: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/12/heres-what-real-racing-3-looks-like-on-iphone-5/

Except the controls will be pretty awful.

Anyone try to play GTA3 on the iPad? terrible experience.

It may have the horsepower to play the games, but control is key and neither the iphone or ipad has it. Stick to angry birds, like most smart phones.

And on another note, yawn it’s faster and bigger. Where is the innovation? Apparently it died with Jobs. The new maps is just a big f u to google. And if I’m not mistaken you can’t download the entire country like Nokia on their Lumia series of phones. I have it and it is pretty fantastic.

It’s like the iPhone 4S, but bigger and faster! with no new features … sigh. What is the A6 processor anyway? It’s unusual Apple didn’t use the same processor that is in the iPad3. All we know is that it is X many times faster than the previous generation. And that you can play fantastic games … if you can control it.

murfmurphy
    Participant

futureman said:

It may have the horsepower to play the games, but control is key and neither the iphone or ipad has it. Stick to angry birds, like most smart phones.

And on another note, yawn it’s faster and bigger. Where is the innovation? Apparently it died with Jobs. The new maps is just a big f u to google. And if I’m not mistaken you can’t download the entire country like Nokia on their Lumia series of phones. I have it and it is pretty fantastic.

It’s like the iPhone 4S, but bigger and faster! with no new features … sigh. What is the A6 processor anyway? It’s unusual Apple didn’t use the same processor that is in the iPad3. All we know is that it is X many times faster than the previous generation. And that you can play fantastic games … if you can control it.

How much is actually left to really innovate at this point? Until they come out with the iChip that implants directly into your brain I think they are tapped for a while.

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

futureman said:

I’ve not tried GTA3, but my experience has been that mobile devices are infinitely better for casual gaming than they are hardcore gaming. They’re also much better for native-made games rather than retrofitted ports with control schemes originally designed for different types of controllers.

That being said… a gaming “cradle” would work wonders to address these issues. Something along the lines of this:

rus
    Participant

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KgGBY.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.