Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

iPad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

Bear
    Participant

Nice Gizmodo comparison.

Mostly amazes me that somebody thought it was a good idea to call one of these gadgets a “JooJoo.”

asil
    Participant

1 iPad, please. Just so I can then get this…

asil
    Participant

Woops, also as seen here:

Cool iPad apps

honavery

So, did anyone get one? Thoughts?

I touched one briefly here at work today. Just for a couple of minutes. The device looks very nice, as expected but that’s about all I got out of it in my brief experience.

Mercurius
    Participant

honavery wrote >>
    I touched one briefly here at work today. Just for a couple of minutes. The device looks very nice, as expected but that’s about all I got out of it in my brief experience.

Almost sure I’m going to get one – but with Apple, always wise to wait for the first refresh and let them work out the bugs.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

My friend at work got one and I got to play around with it a little. I really didn’t think I would be too impressed with it, but I have to admit, there was something very appealing about it. The touch-pad QWERTY keyboard was a little awkward. Granted, I didn’t spend a lot of time on it, but there’s no tactile promps/guides to let you know you’re hands are aligned. You either notice that you’re typing gibberish, or you keep looking down at the pad to make sure you’re fingers are over the right keys. He had a book loaded up and it did seem a lot easier on the eyes than I had thought it would be.

Mercurius
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>

honavery wrote >>

Almost sure I’m going to get one – but with Apple, always wise to wait for the first refresh and let them work out the bugs.

I don’t really need one as I have a fairly new macbook, but Apple seems to update every product about twice a year but it’s the same price as an Amazon Kindle and offers much more functionality. I wouldn’t be using it as much for a computer but more of an ereader.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… the iPad2 is here…

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Thoughts?

JonMyers
    Participant

It’s cool, and pretty much a requirement for the type of work I do, but I was talking with some friends yesterday about how I’m getting a little irritated with the Apple product development cycle.

So my thoughts are more of a personal peeve.

I know product manufacturers have planned obsolescence as part of their product development road maps, but damn – some of the features of the iPad2 are way too obvious and should have been included in version 1, but Apple knows they can get away with it.. And they do.

Like I said though, it’s pretty much a requirement for me to have and I’ll pick one up…. and love it of course. :)

Roland
    Participant

The new one looks great. I don’t know that there is enough reason to want to run out and upgrade from a 1st gen. I’m betting there will be some good deals on the 1st gen and it’s still a great device.

cc

Apple is selling refurbed 16gb 1st gen Ipads for $349. Same warranty as a new one.

Personally, I think the Ipad2 should have a microSD slot*, and HDMI out built in.

*(of course that would kill their pricing model)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB292LL/A?cjid=10492644-1225267-u0t0f0fp0c0s598&mco=MjEzNTIxMjE&AID=10479833&PID=1225267&SID=u0t0f0fp0c0s598#overview

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jon – That is a good point, though from my own casual research I’ve found Apple products to pretty well retain their resell value. If you can find a buyer of your iPad 1, then the upgrade probably doesn’t hurt as much.

JonMyers
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Jon – That is a good point, though from my own casual research I’ve found Apple products to pretty well retain their resell value. If you can find a buyer of your iPad 1, then the upgrade probably doesn’t hurt as much.

Yep, very true. They do hold their resell value. Sometimes things like iPhones can fetch more.

JonMyers
    Participant

dupe

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: