Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Inexpensive date options in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Inexpensive date options in Columbus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

berdawn

The King Arts Complex has free concerts on Thursdays starting in july.

hours of tawdry sex, the cheaper the better. After all, isn’t that the end goal of a bike ride and picnic in the park anyway?

I second free Sundays at the Columbus Museum of Art, and Shakespeare in the Park.

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    hours of tawdry sex, the cheaper the better. After all, isn’t that the end goal of a bike ride and picnic in the park anyway?

HIGH-FIVE!!

Yeah, cooking dinner together is the ULTIMATE in my book. Awesome suggestions about getting out and getting active. Would be fun to go Geocaching together as well and explore Columbus.

nexttuesday
    Participant

I know everyone else is going for the free options, but there are some good bowling deals if you like bowling. Capri has 1.50 games on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (call to make sure on those days). I bought my own shoes for like 30 dollars so now I don’t have to pay for shoe rental either.

Renting a movie and buying a bag of microwave popcorn is a much cheaper alternative to a movie out. You could even get the movie from the library for free.

StowCbusCleveland
    Participant

I believe Columbus has a few disc golf courses, which are lots of fun. Incorporates walking together, athletics/friendly competition, and while I haven’t gone to a Columbus incarnation of a disc golf course yet, the courses are typically free and in parks. Buy some cheap used discs and you’re good to go.

I’ve played several times back in the Stow area, and thought it was a lot of fun. It’s kind of the outdoorsy date equivalent of bowling.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Going swimming makes for a cheap date:

Columbus Aquatic Center: A Best Kept Swim Secret

:D

gramarye
    Participant

For both dating and non-dating purposes, I should also give a shout out to Meetup. Assuming you and your partner have at least a few similar interests, it’s usually possible to find a group into it as well, for times when you feel like doing something with more people than just the two of you. I’ve found some wine tastings on there that would have been fun events even sans taking a date along, though of course that made it even better (and of course, that cost money, but there are less expensive social events there, too).

ratzo
    SJT
    SJT
    Participant

Perkins Observatory on 23 near Delaware is only $6 a person. It can be a fun alterna-date. If it is a clear night& weather permitting, share a bottle of wine afterwards on one of your patios- or maybe a picnic beforehand at the park that’s up in that area.

Not sure if this has been metioned, but Shakespeare in the Park is right around the corner! Ofcourse, I think grabbing a coffee and walking through GV on a sunny afternoon is always a great time.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: