Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

No Reservations Viewing, Reaction & Columbus Branding

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV No Reservations Viewing, Reaction & Columbus Branding

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 424 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Betty’s is happy to show it with sound. Let me know & I’ll call the bartender.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

i know gary from clever crow is planning on being at circus to watch it (but like all mondays, the kitchen will still be closed)

i have no idea if PRK is going to start later to acomodate the viewing or not. they usually don’t start the singing til 10:30, so there’s a good chance they’ll hold off on the music til the episode’s over.

i’ll check into it and report back.

you should watch it with the man in it. it’ll be more fun . . .

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

d’oh!

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

ok, just got the official word, and it’s even better thani thought i’d be . . .

punk rock karaoke WILL be stalled until 11.

circus will be running the show WITH the sound on.

gary WILL be there for a little meet & greet while he watches the show
    (although honestly, if you’ve eaten there before you’ve probably met him. unless he’s swamped he usually tries to come out to say hello to anyone who orders a pie!)

and best of all, while the kitchen WILL officially be closed for the night, he’s whipping up a half-dozen pizzas to “sample-out” during the show tonight.

free bites of clever crow AND four dollar pitchers?
    can’t beat it . . .

see y’all there!

lisathewaitress
    Participant

awesome! Circus Bar it is!!!

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Massive win! See you there!

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

i hope to put some new faces with screen names tonight.
    if you see someone who looks they WOULD prefer to be called “bastard” introduce yourself . . .

WildmanDan

Will Mike Irwin be there?

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

yep. he already is . . .

KyleEzell

What a disgrace how he treated Columbus. God. Of course he lovvvvves Austin. Maybe that’s because he didn’t go to the strip malls. This city can’t win.

chaptal
    Participant

Michael Ruhlman is a condescending dickhead.

KyleEzell

Just goes to show AGAIN how the message of Columbus falls on deaf ears. Anthony controls the message. Sad. Missed opportunity. We let this happen. It’s no wonder we are thought of like this. Really poor.

chaptal
    Participant

The land of Applebees line was the shocker.

Brant
    Participant

Yeah, but this is not surprising. TV shows are in the business of reinforcing stereotypes. I suppose those on the coasts might consider us as a backwater cowtown for a few more years. But for all its verbal jabs, at least the show put some international authenticity (Kihachi) and bohemian ingenuity (Clever Crow) up front and center.

chaptal
    Participant

The segment on Clever Crow was well done, but now he’s ripping on Denver. This episode is why many people who live in the middle of the country think people who are from the coasts are a bunch of pompous snots. Bourdain is not helping get rid of the stereotype.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 424 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE