Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Impero Coffee

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Impero Coffee

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Thory wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    heh, my response was to laugh at him.

That seems appropriate. It is cute to have a secret recipe.

Well it was pure reaction on my part. The thought was so ridiculous that I just automatically laughed in the guy’s face.

imperojoe

Hey guys it’s great to hear a lot of people have stopped in to Impero. Personally I have only fielded maybe one or two questions about our espresso blend. We use a PNG, a Harrar and a Brazil. I do remember mentioning the word “secret” as a joke and then answering with the component coffees. We’re not claiming to have been around as long as some of the other guys but i think our coffees speak for themselves. We have a passion for coffee and would love to talk with anyone about it. I could say the same of inconsistency from even the best in columbus. We hope to contribute nothing but positive things to coffee culture in columbus. I hope that would be the same for anyone else.

Our master Roaster Matt is a great resource and can answer any questions you might have via email
    [email protected]

michaelcoyote
    Participant

imperojoe wrote >>
    Hey guys it’s great to hear a lot of people have stopped in to Impero. Personally I have only fielded maybe one or two questions about our espresso blend. We use a PNG, a Harrar and a Brazil. I do remember mentioning the word “secret” as a joke and then answering with the component coffees. We’re not claiming to have been around as long as some of the other guys but i think our coffees speak for themselves. We have a passion for coffee and would love to talk with anyone about it. I could say the same of inconsistency from even the best in columbus. We hope to contribute nothing but positive things to coffee culture in columbus. I hope that would be the same for anyone else.
    Our master Roaster Matt is a great resource and can answer any questions you might have via email
    [email protected]

Thanks for stopping in and clearing that up.. Glad to hear the “secret roast” thing was just a misunderstood joke.

I’m also glad to see another coffee shot in Columbus committed to quality coffee.

luckbros

I like these guys, they are excited about specialty coffee and their energy will push me to be better. Impero makes my short list of coffee shops that are going to push the Columbus coffee culture in a positive direction.

I am a big fan of the coffee siphon and the Hario V60. They are working both and more. Give them a shot, if they don’t wow you tell them straight and try them again.

howatzer
    Participant

luckbros wrote >>
    Impero makes my short list of coffee shops that are going to push the Columbus coffee culture in a positive direction.

Any chance you could post that list……?

luckbros

I will point you to cbusbaristajam.com where you can find out which coffeehouses and baristas have been gathering to learn, teach and compete.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

Other business owners take note:

Great answer from Impero
    Great response from Luck Bros.

News
    Participant

Impero Coffee Expands Short North Location
    Published on April 12, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

Impero Coffee opened its Short North location in 2009, and since then, they have become a go-to for not only hot and iced coffee drinks, but for locally-sourced lunches as well that includes amazing soups and satisfying sandwiches. It’s no wonder then that the store has had to recently expand, doubling its seating capacity and broadening its menu.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/impero-coffee-expands-short-north-location-aw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The expansion space has been walled back off. Kinda weird. The staff said that they had a temporary lease with it and a jewelry store of some sort is going to open there.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: