Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

IHOP Returns to Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining IHOP Returns to Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

myliftkk
    Participant

Walker wrote

Andrew Hall wrote Does anyone else see the irony of all this LOVE for massive eatery chains all the while we are promoting something … er [i]independant[/i], maybe … about Columbus?

I think a lot of people crave chains that we don’t have, and I don’t really see anything wrong with that. Even though they’re asking for chains, they’re asking for variety.

Do people want to see an IHOP on every corner a la Starbucks or Subway? I doubt it. Do people want an IHOP in the Short North? I doubt that too.

I think there’s enough room in this city for the chains and the uniqe shops. Plop an IHOP up on Sawmill Road or Rome-Hilliard (just went out there over the weekend and JESUS does that street scare me) and make people drive to get their fix.

If people get their fix from an IHOP, then they probably also cut their drugs with industrial solvents and handfuls of dirt. :roll: Having lived around the corner from one for at least 20 years, I can’t say I ever craved anything remotely related to it, short of maybe a firebombing of the building.

The place was a cop snack magnet though, go figure… :shock:

Daz
    Participant

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a million times, few things in this world hit the spot after a night of extensive drinking like the chicken fried steak and eggs at IHOP.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ihop is quite gross to me, what I would kill for is The Original Pancake house, I love that place, probably the best chain breakfast place I ahve been to.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

This used to be at the corner of Olde Henderson and Kenny Road (it’s now been about 38 bars since then)

[img]http://cantaloupe.ws/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/P6300002.jpg[/img]

DeVoe

how about his guys

lets capitalize on the indie thing

and give IHOP a run for their money

let’s open up

Columbus INDEPENDENT House of Pancakes… YES!

for short we could call them “indie cakes”

Andrew, you can even pair wines and Single Malt Scotches to pancakes….

mmmmm

I can see it

#7 “the Andrew Hall”

A healthy portion of extra thick aged sheepsmilk cheese crepes

served with a 2003 Aglianico

mightymighty
    Participant

Coremodels wrote This used to be at the corner of Olde Henderson and Kenny Road (it’s now been about 38 bars since then)

[img]http://cantaloupe.ws/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/P6300002.jpg[/img]

Holey crap! I remember that guy! My fam and I used to eat there on Sundays when I was a kid!

Mem-o-ries! :D Like the corner of my mind…

swillard

There is a car lot on the west side on Harrsiburg Pike at Alkire Rd (Columbus Auto Resale) that has the pancake guy in front.

misskitty
    Participant

YAY I HOP !!!! please hurry I see the ad’s I want to try it I have never been to one.

heresthecasey
    Participant

misskitty wrote YAY I HOP !!!! please hurry I see the ad’s I want to try it I have never been to one.

They only run those ads here to taunt us!! It is cruel.

misskitty
    Participant

heresthecasey wrote

misskitty wrote YAY I HOP !!!! please hurry I see the ad’s I want to try it I have never been to one.

They only run those ads here to taunt us!! It is cruel.

It is Sonic use to do the same thing for the longest time. It’s just not right lol. I have also seen a Jack in the Box commercial but there are none here ? :?

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

Seriously, if you’re that excited about trying IHOP, you’ll probably be disappointed. In my experience, the commercials are better than the restaurants. It’s not a terrible chain, but it’s not really very unique or special.

gramarye
    Participant

L.I. to Buckeye wrote

Seriously, if you’re that excited about trying IHOP, you’ll probably be disappointed. In my experience, the commercials are better than the restaurants. It’s not a terrible chain, but it’s not really very unique or special.

Right now, I’d agree. That’s because it’s a workday with the sun in the sky.

At 4 a.m., the situation changes. :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

L.I. to Buckeye wrote Seriously, if you’re that excited about trying IHOP, you’ll probably be disappointed. In my experience, the commercials are better than the restaurants. It’s not a terrible chain, but it’s not really very unique or special.

+1

There are a dozen local breakfast joints in town that I’d prefer over IHOP… Jack & Benny’s, Warehouse Cafe, Easy Street, etc.

Hell, Waffle House is better than IHOP. 8)

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

Walker wrote

L.I. to Buckeye wrote Seriously, if you’re that excited about trying IHOP, you’ll probably be disappointed. In my experience, the commercials are better than the restaurants. It’s not a terrible chain, but it’s not really very unique or special.

+1

There are a dozen local breakfast joints in town that I’d prefer over IHOP… Jack & Benny’s, Warehouse Cafe, Easy Street, etc.

Hell, Waffle House is better than IHOP. 8)

And you don’t even have to leave your house if you have it delivered from EGGS! :D

We don’t need no stinkin IHOP!

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I’ve never had a good experience at IHOP

bring waffle house closer to me instead!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.