Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

If there was really good coffee and hot chocolate on a Food Truck.......

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events If there was really good coffee and hot chocolate on a Food Truck…….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

FoodFort
    Participant

Questions:

Coffee on a food truck? Is that a draw – what would you want?

Coffee would be great for late night and for evening events in the fall and winter…..where else.

Other thoughts on this topic…..GO.

Twixlen
    Participant

I’m trying to think of what goes really well with delicious coffee… or delicious hot chocolate…

Toasted nuts? Pie, like a food truck/cart that is a wee-baby diner?

leftovers

Something like a mobile Captain Cream Cheese would be nice.

Roland
    Participant

bubba tea…

Jeff Regensburger
    Jeff Regensburger
    Participant

In London we bought coffee from a vendor who was selling it out of a Vespa Ape (Pronounced “ah-peh”. They’re those cute three-wheeled truckettes you see a lot in Europe). He had a full-on espresso/cappuccino rig in the back of it.

We grabbed our drinks and then walked across the Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern. I do that again. :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

FoodFort said:
    Questions:

Coffee on a food truck? Is that a draw – what would you want?

Coffee would be great for late night and for evening events in the fall and winter…..where else.

Other thoughts on this topic…..GO.

+1 on Roland’s Bubble Tea.

Personally, I’m not much of a regular coffee drinker, but if a cart could do a good latte-type drink, I’d snag one of those.

I think location is the most important thing here. Coffee is HYPER local. I imagine that most places that have a high-concentration of coffee drinkers (offices?) already have coffee options available either in coffee-shop form or break-room form.

Winter events on the other hand… could be tougher to come by in certain places (North Bank Park? Franklinton?) but I’d probably stay away from other places that already have coffee nearby (Columbus Commons, Short North, etc)

catnfiddle
    Participant

I know I remember buying from a coffee cart at a Junctionview event a couple of years ago. It was pretty damn good. Mobility isn’t an issue. Rockmastermike makes a perfect espresso even when we’re camping in the back woods, and I’ve even seen a battery powered milk foamer (not ours). The main thing that would draw me to a mobile location, or any location, would be the quality of the product. Get some really good beans and grind to order, and I’ll add you to my walk or bike route.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Coop has Thunderkiss coffee. Haven’t tried it, but they only do everything else well.

racheltb
    Participant

I personally stay up all night if I drink coffee after 11 am…and I personally don’t get out of the house before 11 am most days.

But when Fresh Street has served me Thunderkiss I’ve been a very happy girl indeed. (Until 3 am when I’m awake and cursing Kenny.)

I guess I’m saying low-caffinated hot beverages would work for me – chai with an Indian cart would be a dream – and I’ll still indulge in coffee once in awhile.

Eliza Ho
    Participant

I think coffee truck serving breakfast will be great, before folks heading to work. Coffee with pastries or bread, something from Omega to go with. That will make a good start of a day!

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

Late night breakfast sandwiches& hashbrowns from a truck outside a bar. NO MORE TRIPS TO TEEJAYS!! Win! :D

leftovers

SJT said:
    Late night breakfast sandwiches& hashbrowns from a truck outside a bar. NO MORE TRIPS TO TEEJAYS!! Win! :D

+1

getting a ‘barnyard buster’ outside a bar would be awesome.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

leftovers said:
    getting a ‘barnyard buster’ outside a bar would be awesome.

change the name to ‘bar buster’? ;)

cheap

this one is neat,but it’s not 20 degrees outside.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Local coffee & local ice cream, YES! Stauf’s, Brioso, Jeni’s, Johnson’s, yes please.

Do we have a donut truck yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS