Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dinin' Hall

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dinin' Hall

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    I’ve rarely seen the kind of full-throttle rage that exists in many of the mainstream media outlet comment sections.

After editing? No… not in the same way.

Twixlen
    Participant

rus said:

Really? Comparing Topix/Dispatch comments to CU is nonsense. Whenever I read those comments, I’m amazed that all the racist people managed to find one another.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Really? Comparing Topix/Dispatch comments to CU is nonsense.

To the standard CU comment? Sure. To the bizarro ones? Not so much.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rus said:

We don’t edit people’s words here. We delete when inappropriate (personal insults, etc), but we’ve never edited anyone’s opinions.

groundrules
    Participant

This is how food trucks in Portland work, for the most part. They’re in semi-permanent Pods established in a parking lot, which have tables and umbrellas and the like. It’s kind of awesome, as there’s a critical mass element to attracting business, and you can go to one spot and get a salad from one restaurant, entree from another, and coffee or dessert from another.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    We don’t edit people’s words here. We delete when inappropriate (personal insults, etc), but we’ve never edited anyone’s opinions.

Which is exactly what I meant.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rus said:
    Which is exactly what I meant.

Want me to edit your previous post then? ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    Want me to edit your previous post then? ;)

Heh.

No, I just think no one on the dispatch / topix site is deleting anything.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Let’s keep it civil and on topic guys.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Let’s keep it civil and on topic guys.

Hey, have you tried this tofu bacon? Wow it’s so delightful to know I’m not causing the death of a non-human sentient! Forks not knives!

*Rides bicycle into the sunset*

Twixlen
    Participant

MEANWHILE IN PORTLAND…

They’re doing it right. I have some pals that spent some time out there this summer, and I was very jealous of their trips to the food-cart pods and their tales of wondering feastings.

joev
    Participant

Portland has been doing this for at least 10 years. I’m not sure where the disconnect is with a large segment of people about food trucks: they tend to think food trucks don’t pay taxes or have food safety inspections. Maybe a little FoodFort PR campaign would be helpful.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rus said:
    No, I just think no one on the dispatch / topix site is deleting anything.

I’ve seen many instances over there of people referring to being deleted and/or censored for bad language. It looks as if you’re not allowed to say fuck, but you can be as racist as you please.

Cookie

Walker said:
    I’ve seen many instances over there of people referring to being deleted and/or censored for bad language. It looks as if you’re not allowed to say fuck, but you can be as racist as you please.

The Piss Christ comment is already gone.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

joev said:
    I’m not sure where the disconnect is with a large segment of people about food trucks: they tend to think food trucks don’t pay taxes or have food safety inspections.

The people complaining the loudest have never eaten at a food truck in their lives. That’s the disconnect.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!