Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 901 total)
  • Author

dru
    Participant

new timeline for completion. or more specifically, when do they expect the garage to be open?

any plans for the Union space?

1) There is a rumor that the roof top swimming pool has been removed from the building plans. Is this true?

2) There have been people who have invested money as a down payment and later asked for it back, but were told they did not have it to give back. What’s going on with these refund requests?

3) Who do they have their financing through?

Brant
    Participant

How does he address some of the challenges related to the negative side effects of gentrification (pricing out low income artists, cultural homogenization, etc)?

CbusIslander
    Participant

Look forward to the answers. Great questions above. I have none to add.

Would a High Street streetcar have changed the timeline of the project?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cool. Tons of great questions. I’m trying to combine a few similar ones and will hopefully have enough time to get them all answered.

Thanks!
    Walker

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Interview went very well. Lots to transcribe. Should probably have it up on Monday. ;)

Tigertree

I was wondering where you were going when you walked by and didn’t stop in today…

surber17
    Participant

Walker, I think you need to pull an all nighter and get this up asap ….. :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Tigertree wrote >>
    I was wondering where you were going when you walked by and didn’t stop in today…

Heh. I thought about popping in to say hi, but was running late. ;) Sorry!

surber17 wrote >>
    Walker, I think you need to pull an all nighter and get this up asap ….. :)

I will be pulling an all-nighter. ;)

If you’ve been waiting for 2.5 years on Ibiza, I don’t think an extra day or two will hurt. :D

CbusIslander
    Participant

How about a hint? Is it a go? :-)

Anything?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Tomorrow morning. 8 AM. Front and Center:

https://www.columbusunderground.com

I read this like two months back that said they were all but history… http://gossipcbus.blogspot.com/2008/12/breaking-ibiza-implausible.html

dru
    Participant

^^The above blog contained absolutely zero information. After stating there are “environmental and financial concerns” without actually citing a single documented instance of these concerns, they turn to even less compelling evidence. Their key quote appears to be: “However, our source questioned openly whether people would remain invested with a potential two-year wait…”

So their investigative journalism yielded the conclusion that an unnamed person – “our source” asked an unanswered question “whether people would remain invested with a potential two-year wait.” That equals actually nothing of informational value.

Perhaps they are right, but that blog does nothing to prove it.

As a disclaimer, I do not have a deposit at Ibiza or live in any ARMS property. I have however enjoyed some refreshing beverages on the Union patio. So I don’t know if I am a shill or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: