Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 901 total)
  • Author

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast said:
    They should be using the adjacent Greystone for inspiration and play off of its amazing architecture and scale, which the Ellford design does. BTW, 5 to 6 stories is the right size. Moreover, believe the brick resurfacing of Pearl alley in conjunction with a grey limestone facade would be a great aesthetic too. Hope this projects gets built after ARMS scandals, drama and debacle! Those thieves should be in jail for 25 years and serving 3 consecutve sentences.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Ughh. Wagenbrennner’s design is too hideous, simple, and safe, but… they do have a proven track record and can probably get this thing done. That’s more than we can say about anyone else at this point, soo I’m torn on the issue.

Jason Powell
    Participant

Just came from Chicago this past weekend and stayed in Lincoln Park. Holy crap! The architectural details are amazing and just about every building, big and small, is covered in them. If Waggenbrenner can spruce up the building and truly reflect past architecture of early 20th, then the success of the building will be proven in the detail. I’ll even take a gargoyle or two.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I’d swear that mockup is ~25% larger than the actual build site…

futureman
    Participant

Diesha

futureman said:
    And it looks like Wagenbrenner wins …

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2011/09/02/elford-wagenbrenner-clear-to-offer.html

Wonder what the timeline looks like?

cc

Glad Apex will finally be out of the picture. Wagenbrenner is the safe bet. Hopefully some of those condo buyers will get some of their deposits back.

Mercurius
    Participant

I hope they go back to the drawing board on the design; I’ve had bowel movements that look better. I did kind of like the original design of Ibiza — but not as much as the original design of The Joseph. I despise boring — and this is a big ol’ wet blanket of boring.

Mercurius
    Participant

From Italian Village Commission
    [quote]CONCEPTUAL REVIEW
    8. 11-9-17
    830 North High Street/26 East Hubbard Avenue
    E.W. High Street, LLC (Applicant) Apex Realty Enterprises, LLC (Owner)
    An application, site plan, photographs, and drawings have been submitted.
    New Construction
    • Construct new five (5) story commercial/residential building and four (4) story parking garage, per the submitted
    plans.
    • First floor includes 18,002 square feet of retail space.
    • Second through fifth floors include sixty-eight residential (68) units.
    • Four-story parking garage to i[/quote]

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

update, I buried a bunch of indian skeletons beneath the lot so that the condos will end up haunted….. ssuckersssss…

Mercurius
    Participant

[url=http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/reports/rwservlet?imgc&Din=201120800046]About E.W. High Street, LLC[/url]

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

(the parking garage will also be haunted, but that shouldn’t be as big of a problem–there isn’t much mischief a ghost can get up to in a car, it’s too small, and plus nobody’s gonna be spooked by some levitating highway tokens.)

Mercurius
    Participant

Looks like Elford is the builders?
    http://www.elford.com/

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mercurius said:
    From Italian Village Commission
    [quote]CONCEPTUAL REVIEW
    8. 11-9-17
    • First floor includes 18,002 square feet of retail space.

Is it just me… or does 18,000 sqft of retail seem smaller than expected?

Mercurius
    Participant

Walker said:
    +1

Looks better than the old building that was raised.

Also looks better than a gravel/weed lot.

I’m not sure, this and The Jeffery Place lot are in about the third phase of ecological succession.
    [img]http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/images/succession.gif[/img]
    I’m really not sure this looks better. I really can’t imagine a more boring design.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.