Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 901 total)
  • Author

cc

Yeah, I think pre-sales are not gonna be as easy this time. Hopefully they will concentrate more on apartments. I am guessing there will be some nice grub when Kasich comes to cut another ribbon.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I agree that apartments would probably make more sense anyway at this point in time. They can always convert to condos down the road if that makes more sense (a la Victorian Gate).

monadnock

XLD: “assumed control” I think we’ve been assuming an awful lot in this neighborhood. I would stress independent verification of all real estate matters. This isn’t hind sight, I’ve just learned a lot about how to look and where to look. I trusted Apex/Arms because I didn’t know these things. They took full advantage of that trust and the trust of the neighborhood. I hope that story of the people taken advantage of gets told one day instead of simply the pro business lies (and Walker they were lies) but until the litigation is finished I’m not sure what can be said.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

monadnock wrote >>
    (and Walker they were lies)

Cool, thanks! I guess?

deraj1013
    Participant

From the Dispatch…

Developer of failed Ibiza condo project files for bankruptcy
    Among those Apex Realty owes: 60 prospective buyers

By Jim Weiker

Apex Realty Enterprises, the developer of the failed Ibiza condominium project in the Short North, has filed for bankruptcy protection.

Read more

aaminian
    Participant

The fat lady has finally sung

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Anybody have any news on the first public meeting for the new proposal?

cbustransit
    Participant

well hello new ibiza on the italian village commission agenda?

“7.
    11-6-11
    830 North High Street
    Schiff Capital Group/Michael S. Schiff (Applicant/Owner)
    New Construction
    •
    Ground floor retail.
    •
    Three (3) floors of Class A office space.
    •
    Five to Seven floors of apartments.
    •
    500 space parking garage.”

cbus11

This is good to see.

Five to Seven floors of apartments.

Only concern is that Schiff has several pressing irons in the fire: Atlas Building, Leveque Tower, and they bought the loan on the Yankee Trader buildings.

futureman
    Participant

Ibiza site may get replacement tower under new plan
    Premium content from Business First – by Brian R. Ball
    Date: Friday, June 24, 2011, 6:00am EDT – Last Modified: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 3:10pm EDT

Columbus real estate investor Michael Schiff has teamed with developer Daimler Group Inc.bizWatch in a bid to replace the failed Ibiza project in the city’s Short North with a mixed-use tower topped by as many as 120 apartments.

Their plans for a nine- to 11-story complex at 830 N. High St., and an accompanying parking garage off Hubbard Avenue, depend on two conditions. First they must reach some kind of agreement with creditors of Ibiza developer Apex Realty Enterprises LLC, which is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. And they need to secure approval from the Italian Village Commission.

The initial design calls for 15,000 square feet of street-level retail space, 50,000 to 60,000 square feet for offices on the next three floors, and between 100 and 120 apartments on the top five to seven floors. The project would include a garage off Hubbard Avenue with up to 500 parking spots to serve the project and other Short North businesses.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2011/06/24/tower-mulled-for-ibiza-site.html

surber17
    Participant

I’ll always get excited about this because of what it can bring to Short North. Here’s to hoping! Imagine this plus the new boutique hotel … huge.

Pablo
    Participant

From the Dispatch:

Those who would like to see the former Ibiza condominium site on N. High Street be turned into something more than a pile of dirt will have to wait a bit longer.

Mike Schiff, owner of the site’s new developer, Schiff Capital Group, was scheduled to appear at a meeting of the Italian Village Commission on Tuesday but called to delay his presentation, Columbus Historic Preservation Officer James Goodman said.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2011/06/26/construction-commences-on-several-shopping-centers.html?sid=101

futureman
    Participant

Rivals unveil bid for Ibiza site, setting up bankruptcy court showdown
    Premium content from Business First – by Brian R. Ball
    Date: Friday, August 5, 2011, 6:00am EDT – Last Modified: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 3:54pm EDT

(above Wagenbrenner and Elford proposed building)

The site of the failed Ibiza condominium project has attracted a second proposal from rival developers.

Wagenbrenner Development Co. and Elford Development Ltd. have emerged as potential buyers of the undeveloped land at 830 N. High St.

Their interest comes on the heels of a proposal from Schiff Capital Group and Daimler Group Inc.bizWatch as would-be saviors of the long-troubled but attractive site in the Short North. Schiff and Daimler have proposed developing a nine- to 11-story building with retail space, offices and up to 120 apartments.

Wagenbrenner and Elford, meanwhile, envision a five-story property with ground-floor commercial tenants topped by an unspecified number of apartments. It would be about half the size of the scuttled 11-story, 135-unit Ibiza condominium project.

READ MORE:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2011/08/05/rival-ibiza-bid-arises-setting-up.html

cc

It is like when your mother asks you to wear sensible shoes…

Mod-dude
    Participant

It is like when your mother asks you to wear sensible shoes…

You’re not kidding! What a boring design!!!! I hope this is not what we have waited all this time for! Although I am glad there is a little healthy competition for this site.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: