Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 901 total)
  • Author

spyder33

That link didn’t work.

spyder33 wrote >>
    That link didn’t work.

sorry, type “Lahoti” in the last name field.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

LAHOTI, RAJESH DF DAVID ILER -VS- LAHOTI PROPERTIES LLC 02/04/2005 CLOSED
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF ABN AMRO MORTGAGE GROUP INC -VS- ANN L GALIPAULT 06/28/2007 CLOSED
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF SERVERS DIRECT LLC -VS- ROY G BIV CORP 11/09/2007 CLOSED
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF REENA BUDDHDEV -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 02/04/2010 CLOSED
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF ROY STEVEN WALTERS -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 03/12/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF JOANNE STRASSER -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 06/24/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF MARK MCGUIRE -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 06/24/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF TROY T SEMAN -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 07/27/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF AMERICAN EXPRESS BANK FSB -VS- RAJESH LAHOTI 08/03/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF KORY CRABTREE -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 12/10/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF JOEL FIELD -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 12/14/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF BRENT R CLEVIDENCE -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 01/13/2011 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF MARIA M UNTERBRINK -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 01/18/2011 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF LUIS CALVA -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 01/19/2011 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH DF VALERIE THALASSINOS -VS- APEX REALTY ENTERPRISES LLC 01/20/2011 ACTIVE
    LAHOTI, RAJESH A DF MASTER INVESTMENTS I LTD -VS- RAYMOND M BROWN 10/23/2002 CLOSED
    LAHOTI, RAJESH R DF DAVID SKEENS -VS- HAVANA LTD 03/31/2003 CLOSED
    LAHOTI PROPERTIES LLC PL RAYMOND BROWN -VS- COLUMBUS CITY 04/14/2004 CLOSED
    LAHOTI PROPERTIES LLC DF DAVID ILER -VS- LAHOTI PROPERTIES LLC 02/04/2005 CLOSED
    LAHOTI PROPERTIES LTD DF MASTER INVESTMENTS I LTD -VS- RAYMOND M BROWN 10/23/2002 CLOSED
    LAHOTI PROPERTIES LTD DF KAHOUN CONSTRUCTION RESOURCES INC -VS- LAHOTI PROPERTIES LTD 03/17/2003 CLOSED
    LAHR, JOYCE A DF IN THE MATTER OF THOMAS P LAHR AND JOYCE A LAHR 09/16/1982 CLOSED
    LAHR, THOMAS P PL IN THE MATTER OF THOMAS P LAHR AND JOYCE A LAHR 09/16/1982 CLOSED
    LAHR, YOLANDA DF SALON COMMUNICATION SERVICES INC -VS- BRIAN A GRUDOWSKI 02/19/2010 ACTIVE
    LAHR-GRIFFETH EVENTS LLC DF CREDITOR CM DIRECT RESPONSE EVENTS LLC -VS- DEBTOR LAHR-GRIFFETH EVENTS LLC 04/22/2010 ACTIVE

Cardiff

Not to be down on the people who are having a hard time getting their deposits back, but isn’t that kind of the risk involved when you get in on a hot new development before anything has actually been built?

Tenzo
    Participant

Cardiff wrote >>
    Not to be down on the people who are having a hard time getting their deposits back, but isn’t that kind of the risk involved when you get in on a hot new development before anything has actually been built?

No

UrbanAgent

It is… Just bad timing for this development. Unfortunate.

Cardiff wrote >>

Absolutely NOT!! If this would have happened to me all those years ago when I bought my condo, I would still be jumping mad! Those people should be refunded 100% plus interest.
    By the way, is it true that Wendy’s/TimHortons is interested in that site?

cc

There are probably a lot of people interested in that site, but it will probably be tied up in legal wrangling for years.

UrbanAgent wrote >>
    It is… Just bad timing for this development. Unfortunate.

No, it is not, when the developer is guilty of misleading, conversion, and creating a shelter. Read some of the case complaints and deposition hearings and you’ll see why these plaintiffs have a case. Maybe next time, like there will be a next time for these guys, they won’t use other peoples retirement capital to run a bar and build a website.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

@RoundTowner: I like Tim Horton’s as much as the next guy, but if someone builds a stand-alone Wendy’s/Tim Horton’s on that corner, I will puke. Acually, I might even go out and lay in front of the bulldozer in protest. I hope whoever you heard that from was joking.

achoo

The only details I know about this case are what I have read here. I understand not paying someone back if you don’t have any income, but this case seems more like one of theft.

Just wondering why don’t the developers just pay off the plaintiffs in installments from their nightclub income. The deposits seem small relative to the ability to pay off the aggrieved parties.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jpizzow wrote >>

@RoundTowner
    : I like Tim Horton’s as much as the next guy, but if someone builds a stand-alone Wendy’s/Tim Horton’s on that corner, I will puke.

I would hope that the Italian Village Commission would demand something more than that.

achoo wrote >>
    Just wondering why don’t the developers just pay off the plaintiffs in installments from their nightclub income. The deposits seem small relative to the ability to pay off the aggrieved parties.

Not sure of their business arrangement details, but I have to imagine they have multiple companies established for their various business entities, especially if different partners or investors are involved in the different projects. Generally that’s done to mitigate risk. If one company fails, the others aren’t accountable. So at worst, I’m not even sure if it would be completely legal for them to pay out the expenses of one company from another. At best, I imagine an investor on the nightclub side doesn’t want their money going toward paying out a problem on the real estate side if they’re not invested in that.

Pure speculation on my part. I imagine it’s more complicated than what it appears on the surface.

Anyway, this is a terrible situation for all involved in pre-buying units. Hope everything works out in the end for them.

achoo

Thanks for the clarification.

I figured that there were legalities in paying off the damaged parties. It just seems like settling out-of-court (on the sly or by any means necessary) would be so much more agreeable for the developers if they have any personal and available funds to do so.

These lawsuits undermine their built-up goodwill and reputation, present business ventures, and likelihood of future projects.

monadnock

This bears repeating again.

1) Deposits are not exposed to the same risks as investments. The legal language in the Ohio revised code is very powerful. It says “Shall be held in trust”
    2) The time line doesn’t work. People made deposits AFTER the land was cleared and the plans were drawn up. Nothing had/has changed on the lot since then. Time-line doesn’t work = someone is lying.
    4) The developers have admitted to spending all of the deposit money.
    5) In July of 2007 Ohio revised code was amended to allow for the spending of deposit monies specifically on the building of the actual structure and specifically not for payroll and marketing expenses. Again, nothing has changed on that lot since the deposits were taken/spent.

Here is the section of Ohio revised code that pertains…

SO where did all that money go? Over half a million dollars in other people’s money that Apex/Arms or whatever they’re calling themselves has spent and despite multiple requests to show where the money was spent all these guys do is delay and come up with excuses and even veiled threats, telling the depositors that if they don’t play ball they will themselves be responsible for everyone not getting their money back.

Yes, they care about their depositors. So much so that they’re going to wait for years (also in violation of Ohio revised code) to find SOMEONE ELSE to pay them all back, but not so much that they’re going to pony up a single penny or even offer a payment plan to pay the depositors back.

If the developer really wanted to do the right thing they would have at least tried for a payment plan over a year ago. The depositors have been MORE than patient and MORE than willing to work with the developers on this.

We understand that the housing bubble burst. But that isn’t why the developer is in hot water. If the developer had respected the law they would have placed deposits in escrow, the project would have failed the deposits would have gone back to the depositors and the developer would have simply declared bankruptcy and moved on. It is apparent now that the developer did not realize that the law protected everyone involved, not just the depositors, but the developer as well.

Ask my friends, I’ve been saying for years:

There will be revolution in Egypt before these people ever get their $$$ back.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: