Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 901 total)
  • Author

tree_sketcher
    Participant

did they provide any details related to the “new” development? I would assume they will use the work previously complete as a basis and change out many of condo-related amenities. That public parking garage is critical, I’d hate to see that get the ax.

JD3

tree_sketcher wrote >>
    did they provide any details related to the “new” development? I would assume they will use the work previously complete as a basis and change out many of condo-related amenities. That public parking garage is critical, I’d hate to see that get the ax.

Sounds like there won’t be many changes, which is good.

anillo
    Participant

about goddamn time they said something about it. hopefully they’ll redeem themselves by actually building something else there instead. i’d take a 3-4 story apt building w/ street level retail as a victory (especially if they still build a parking garage).
    you know this thing is bad when you get excited by them officially saying the project is dead..

JD3 wrote >>
    Yep, it’s toast. I’m glad they’re building something else there though and not just packing up shop. I think the odds of getting my money back are much greater.

You should not have to worry about getting your money back. The funds were a deposit based on a good/service that was not provided. Therefore, these funds should be made available immediately. Additionally, who knows if the apartment thing is true, or it is just a scapegoat for an excuse that the funds will be returned at some point. They pulled the wool this long, what makes you think they aren’t doing it again? I say, get your money while you can, before they go BANKRUPT and you get nothing. Or don’t :)

cc

Being the devil’s advocate, I think they will be nice apartments and that they will rent quickly if they ever get built. There is a demad for luxury apartments in the Short North. It will take a long time for ARMS to recoup their money though.

Stuggots

I think they would have to change the design up quite a bit. There is no way this project is feasible for apartments for the amount of steel and glass the current design calls for.

cc

A coworker said he saw something about this on Channel 10, anyone catch it?

Jergarr27
    Participant

oh so much wasted time!… i hope they at least still have first floor retail on this project..

CbusIslander
    Participant

Well, something is better than nothing right?

Chalk this project as bad timing and hope a good product comes out at the end.

JD3

CbusIslander wrote >>
    Well, something is better than nothing right?
    Chalk this project as bad timing and hope a good product comes out at the end.

Agreed, and I hope we all get our money back!

surber17
    Participant

Wow, this is crazy. I wonder if their financing was based on the development. For example, if they did build apartments, I think they could fill them quickly and start making money and paying back that loan right away, whereas a condo complex takes a lot of time.

I think a title change for this thread is now in order.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Maybe I’m slow on the uptake or don’t get this aspect of development, but how is financing the project as apartments suddenly easier than financing it as condos? Or is the plan now to build a cheaper, easier apartment building with no frills instead.

Tenzo
    Participant

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>
    Yep, it’s toast. I’m glad they’re building something else there though and not just packing up shop. I think the odds of getting my money back are much greater.

You should not have to worry about getting your money back. The funds were a deposit based on a good/service that was not provided. Therefore, these funds should be made available immediately.

That’s not what their email said.
    Looks like they will not be returning the money until (if) they funded. They don’t have the money to give back.

Damn, that sucks for the people who bought in.
    How much were the deposits people made? They may or may not get them back at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: